2nd ODI vs The Netherlands

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 2nd ODI vs The Netherlands

Post by Ming »

reverbinstinct wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:42 pm
Second time i am watching burl bat.Shuffles too much across the crease without much connection,and has paid the price in previous occasions as well.Not very descriptive of a prolific domestic run scorer.
He looked like he was swatting flies in that penultimate over...
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Burl did look very nervous.. still hasn't had that big innings yet.. he looks like somebody who needs some time to settle kind of like Ervine. He also only maximized his potential when he moved up the order. I personally feel like Musakanda is better than Burl but I'm sure the selectors have their reasons.

For the next game I would push Burl up the order and also play Musakanda Tiripano Chamu and Ngarava. Everybody needs to warm up and get some game time although in that instance we might need an extra bowler because Ngarava might get smacked all over the place. Waller and PJ haven't batted in a while too. Overall it was a good chase

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I think Burl will play better up the order, seems to like to take his time getting set rather than come in swinging at the end ....

As for his catch on the boundary he ought to be ashamed of himself clearly over the line .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:41 pm
I think Burl will play better up the order, seems to like to take his time getting set rather than come in swinging at the end ....

As for his catch on the boundary he ought to be ashamed of himself clearly over the line .....
Based on that photo it's not a good look.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just saw the pics of that Burl catch. Absolutely disgusting. This is not what we Zimbos stood for.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Ok, so another win.

Auntannie

Post by Auntannie »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 am
Just saw the pics of that Burl catch. Absolutely disgusting. This is not what we Zimbos stood for.
where are the pics