Afghanistan & Ireland are now full ICC members

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Afghanistan & Ireland are now full ICC members

Post by eugene »

Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Afghanistan & Ireland are now full ICC members

Post by jaybro »

Excellent news hopefully this means more tests for us ....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:42 pm
Please help me understand here regarding the 9-3 test system (incl Afgh, Ire, Zim), been a bit behind.

1) Will our test series contribute to any points system or give us any form of ranking?
2) What are the chances of the 9 teams deciding to play us? Actually 8, exclude England because they won't play Zim.
3) This is a new thing, hence its safe to call it experimental in my opinion. What is the criteria used to determine if the 3 weaker teams have improved and can be intergrated into the test league?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kopje wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 pm
jaybro wrote:
Please help me understand here regarding the 9-3 test system (incl Afgh, Ire, Zim), been a bit behind.

1) Will our test series contribute to any points system or give us any form of ranking?
2) What are the chances of the 9 teams deciding to play us? Actually 8, exclude England because they won't play Zim.
3) This is a new thing, hence its safe to call it experimental in my opinion. What is the criteria used to determine if the 3 weaker teams have improved and can be intergrated into the test league?
We'll know more tomorrow when all this is announced.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/cont ... 05371.html

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Its great news for the upcomming talented white community players, from South Africa & Zimbabwe, who had to sit out due to quota politics now can opt for Ireland by meeting all formalities, to fullfil their dreams of doing well at the international arena.

Even talented English Players who got frustrated by not receiving caps inspite of performing at the domestic leve will migrate to Ireland.

Adam Keefe, Zimbabwe U19 Wicket Keeper seems have taken a great decision in moving to Ireland. Scoring runs at club level might be seen in green jersey very soon :) whereas Nathan Waller will feel as biggest mistake done by him in making come back from Ireland to Zimbabwe Cricket, haven't got cap yet despite doing well in domestic & A games.

Ireland at present have problem in bowling unit. After receiving test status, this problem might get solved as migration of some talents from other nations are bound to happen
Robo to rule :oops:

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Kopje wrote:
jaybro wrote:

1) Not sure
2) We will likely get the same number of games we do now - very few from the top 9.
3) They won't do anything in the first rankings period. Nothing said now will be meaningful. They bottom three will have to be winning tests every year before anyone thinks of adjusting the 9-3 setup.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Mr Twig wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:59 am
Kopje wrote:
jaybro wrote:

We'll know more tomorrow when all this is announced.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/cont ... 05371.html
Ridiculous if it's still not mandatory to play everybody in the odi league. That means a team like England can avoid us easily. Pakistan and India won't play as well.. why doesn't the ICC have a FIFA style rule where politics cannot interfere with sports.. that solves the problem very quickly. I'm sure nobody would want to get suspended

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Don't know what quota system Robot is talking about, 6 white guys in the side atm ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ricky

Post by ricky »

In next couple of years we may see lot of Zim vs Ireland test cricket. Zimbabwe is finally in a situation where they either needs to perform or perish. Qualifying for World cup is now out of question for Zimbabwe.

Googly

Post by Googly »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:29 am
Don't know what quota system Robot is talking about, 6 white guys in the side atm ......
No escaping that he's excruciatingly repetitive and annoying, but when the only 5 whites playing cricket are in the side it redefines quota.