Third OD Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Third OD Netherlands v Zimbabwe

Post by tawac »

why doesnt waller bat higher. clearly he shld be in the top six. I reckon he shld keep wicket in the short formats
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Simply pathetic. I think I may be done with all of this.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

This makes the new 13 team ODI league very interesting. There's always going to be a reason for neutrals to watch every game between all sides as you never know who finishes where.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:59 pm
Simply pathetic. I think I may be done with all of this.
Has ZIM been your primary team ahead of NZ all this time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Wow. The bench looks empty.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 pm
This makes the new 13 team ODI league very interesting. There's always going to be a reason for neutrals to watch every game between all sides as you never know who finishes where.

Its going to be 20 teams. ICC new mission is to globalize cricket and they are going to put all the teams playing in Division 1 for long time to face the top level.

Great to see, Associate Team should take it seriously, might see some giant killers
Last edited by Black Mamba on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

I decided to look at the facts before criticising the team.
We seem to think because we are full members we should be beating these team below us, purely for that reason.
Forgetting that the country offers no reason for its citizens to remain there, particularly those that fostered the sport, the admin is a mess and the number of players if you listen to some of the posters on here is dwindling annually.
Compared to other nations. Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands
Players are happy to relocate themselves and family there to further there cricket careers and play international cricket and many have experienced cricket at a higher level than what zim first class cricket would be before playing for there news nations.
Countries like Bangladesh and Afghanistan maybe even Nepal and PNG in the future are improving through weight of numbers and there passion for the game.
Take a look at the recent Scotland and Dutch teams:
Wesley Barresi played his junior cricket in South Africa
Stephan Myburgh as above
Ben Cooper played all his cricket in Australia
Michael Rippon born in South Africa and currently plays FC in New Zealand
Roelof van der Merwe played ODI for South Africa
Peter Borren played his junior cricket in NZ
Logan van Beek currently playing FC in NZ
Sikander Zulfqar Netherlands born and breed
Shane Snater :shock:
Paul van Meekeren Netherlands born
Fred Klaasen born in England but not sure where he grew up

So the Dutch have two players bought up on Dutch cricket and the rest apart from Snater were raised in countries with stronger cricket cultures than Zimbabwe. I'm sure a Zim first class side would trounce a DUtch domestic side.

Matthew Cross born in Scotland but has played some cricket in England
Kyle Coetzer born in Scotland but has played county cricket
Calum Macleod born in Scotland and played some county cricket
Richie Berrington born in South Africa but was raised in Scotland
Preston Mommsen born in SOuth Africa, played U19 cricket there and had opportunity to play in England
Con de Lange born in South Africa and played FC there and in England
Craig Wallace born in Scotland and has played some 2nd XI cricket in England
Michael Leask born in Scotland and has played some cricket in England
Josh Davey born in Scotland and has played a couple of FC games in England
Alasdair Evans born in England and had time with a county but played his junior cricket for Scotland
CHris SOle born and bred Scotland

So the Scots have four players not born in Scotland and most have been exposed the English county sides, thus better coaching and competition.

Compare this to the ZIm side who except for Raza were raised on Zim cricket but have played some cricket in Australia, the UK and Bangladesh but only of a FC standard in Bangladesh and play FC cricket in Zimbabwe to a standard probably similar to 2nd XI county cricket.

Zimbabwe are behind the eight ball before we are even out on the park, so maybe don't be so harsh. Its good to the U19 side has been playing against the FC teams hopefully they will have some talent for the future as should the emerging team in UK. Look beyond the current side and hope for a brighter future for both the country and the cricket team.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Very interesting facts mentioned above.

In the end I'm not too fussed about this result. Take out the 4 best players in a lot of teams (especially minnows like us) and this can happen.. we honestly don't have a strong squad. We have always known this. We barely have a decent 11. We are the 11th ranked team.. the Dutch are technically number 13. If you take out the 4 best players for Afghanistan (like they did when we were fighting back earlier in the year) or the 4 best player for the current West Indian team who are ranked 9th, we would beat them too. The fact that the dutch are an associate does not mean they don't have quality. I think those days of associates being rolled over are done as a lot of those teams are made up of expats with tonnes of experience. They just don't get enough game time to prove this.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

On a side note big blessing muzarabani got 4 wickets in a recent academy match against Warwickshire seconds. Could he be the one to groom for the future.
Richard ngarava looked great in his opening spell yesterday quite a few vicious balls. He is worth persevering with

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

we really need to work on our seamers and with streak and ntini I guess this would be the time. I wonder how they stake up ngarava mumba muzarabani madziva chitara
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'