Eddie Byrom FC debut for Somerset

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Eddie Byrom FC debut for Somerset

Post by sloandog »

totoro wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 am
sloandog wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 am
Would rather see Brad Evans back..
Have you seen him bowl in any matches over in England? :)
A mate of mine faced him this summer, said he had attitude and was really in his face. Had some pace and bounce but it was the nip off the pitch that was unsettling. Sounds like he bowls a heavy ball.

Googly will have seen him i'm sure

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

pariah wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm
West Indies a different set of talents, but I fully expect Zimbabwe to be beating Afghanistan, Ireland, Netherland and Scotland.
Fixed that for you.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

maehara wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am
pariah wrote:
West Indies a different set of talents, but I fully expect Zimbabwe to be beating Afghanistan, Ireland, Netherland and Scotland.
Fixed that for you.
I think Ireland is certainly within or range. Afghanistan not as much but, we have beaten them before so again, not totally out of the frame. Ireland, though, I would expect to beat

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 am
maehara wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am
pariah wrote:
Fixed that for you.
I think Ireland is certainly within or range. Afghanistan not as much but, we have beaten them before so again, not totally out of the frame. Ireland, though, I would expect to beat
Anything can happen in a tournament. Even with DRS I fully expect some drama during a clutch ZIM match vs Ireland or Afghanistan with a dodgy run out decision or bump ball call going against Zimbabwe and costing them the match. You can almost write it down as if its a conspiracy.

But this much is certain, there will be some upsets. Whether that means the two favorite teams WI and AFG miss out on qualifying will remain to be seen. But I expect a Scotland, Netherlands, PNG to make some noise at WI/ZIM/IRE/AFG's expense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

Zimbabwe will embarrass Ireland in the WCQ and may defeat Afghanistan

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

It also depends on ICC about what they want because Afghanistan in a WC brings a lot of money from viewership and looking at it ICC have become business oriented in recent past

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The addition of BRMT and possibly KJ helps Zimbabwe in two key areas to beat Afghanistan.

Firstly BRMT is a good player of spin especially leg spin so he may be able to handle Rashid Khan, the most dangerous Afghani player.

Secondly the West Indies showed in the recent series against Afghanistan that their batsman don't like 'pace and bounce' as Alzari Joseph bounced out quite a few of their batsman. Hopefully KJ can bowl with similar venom.

It will be a very close tournament, Ireland will be backing themselves whilst the Scottish and Dutch showed they can beat Zimbabwe so it will really be a tough tournament.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Would Vitori do damage against Afghanistan? His ban should be over soon. I wonder if he has fixed his action. Getting him back too and bowling legally with venom could also go a really long way. I don't see why we would play 8 batsmen against teams of similar strength to us so you could play cremer, chatara, vitori and maybe Jarvis( the Zim press sound confident he will be back this year but I have serious doubts about that) together.

One issue with all those bowlers I have mentioned besides maybe Chatara is that they tend to leak a lot of runs in limited overs cricket.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

A bowling combo of

Chatara
Jarvis
Cremer
Chisoro
Williams/Raza

Would be very good I think, I think it's actually key that we also get Chisoro back

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Taylor and Jarvis are close friends. So BRMT's return will also help convince Jarvis. Plus Streak is back and that is huge as Jarvis will feel he will have the backing of Zim's greatest ever quick. That shouldnt be understated. Of course the new brown management at ZC are quickly turning things around and that is the biggest factor.

That being said I think Jarvis will finish his contract first with Lancs. Otherwise he'd be over by now like Taylor.

But Tristan Holme and Firdose Moonda both say there is a chance of KJ coming back...they cant both be making stuff up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)