Eddie Byrom FC debut for Somerset

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Eddie Byrom FC debut for Somerset

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm
I agree with pariah that I would rather see Byrom coming back into the ZC fold than Taylor, simply because he is young as 15 years of international cricket ahead of him. Of course as he left Zimbabwe relatively young he probably feels less connection to the country than Taylor. I know from having emigrated to another country at 21 I feel less connected to my homeland than I would have had I stayed till 31.
Why can't we have both?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm
I agree with pariah that I would rather see Byrom coming back into the ZC fold than Taylor, simply because he is young as 15 years of international cricket ahead of him. Of course as he left Zimbabwe relatively young he probably feels less connection to the country than Taylor. I know from having emigrated to another country at 21 I feel less connected to my homeland than I would have had I stayed till 31.
Taylor is only 31...he can play till he's 38, and if Misbah lasted till 42, why not?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

It would be an absolute fairy tale to have Eddie Byrom share a test match partnership with Hamilton Masakadza, to continue from this lovely story: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5234#p45646

Definitely would be a great investment if we can somehow entice him back. He has still not established himself in the county scene, but has shown the ability. If he gets too successful, his England ambitions would grow. Now is the time Mr. Taibu!

His father Glen Byrom is a proud Zimbo too. I'm sure this can work out well if attempted isn't it?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 am
It would be an absolute fairy tale to have Eddie Byrom share a test match partnership with Hamilton Masakadza, to continue from this lovely story: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5234#p45646

Definitely would be a great investment if we can somehow entice him back. He has still not established himself in the county scene, but has shown the ability. If he gets too successful, his England ambitions would grow. Now is the time Mr. Taibu!

His father Glen Byrom is a proud Zimbo too. I'm sure this can work out well if attempted isn't it?
Im sure Taibu & Streak are talking to Byrom & Welch to see if they would come back, Im sure they're considering it with the new ICC guys running ZC and after seeing how quickly 'Gary Ballance of England' becomes 'Gary Ballance of Zimbabwe' when he isn't scoring runs.

It's so obvious with the English press that when a guy is killing it they don't mentioned he was from Zimbabwe or RSA but when they get dropped it's ' South African born batsmen'.

I bet English fans don't even realise these guys are South African until they get dropped :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Would rather see Brad Evans back..

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Once project Jarvis is completed then it has to be project Byrom next.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 am
Would rather see Brad Evans back..
Have you seen him bowl in any matches over in England? :)

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am
Once project Jarvis is completed then it has to be project Byrom next.
If "project Taylor" doesn't turn out to be an overwhelming success, then you can forget it being done ever again for the rest.

Why do you think Streak and Taibu were so keen to get both of them same time. The likelihood of both of them failing across formats was less. Now all the focus will be on Taylor alone. What do you think will happen if Zim fail to qualify for the CWC but have Taylor on big bucks? I can see Taylor bailing. I thin Jarvis was smart. he must have thought about it and considered his overall abilities and the impact he could make.

This is why I say Ed Byrom was a more valuable and understandable target. Fans, Admin and coaches would have been more patient with him.

eugene

Post by eugene »

I think in terms of the fans none of us are really EXPECTING Zimbabwe to qualify for the CWC with or without Taylor. That being said, we have a good chance which has just been made better by Taylor's return. As pariah has pointed out, Taylor has a strong home record and he becomes superhuman once he is playing in any World Cup event.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:05 pm
I think in terms of the fans none of us are really EXPECTING Zimbabwe to qualify for the CWC with or without Taylor.
Speak for yourself. :D

West Indies a different set of talents, but I fully expect Zimbabwe to be beating Afghanistan, Ireland, Netherland and Scotland. Anything short of that is a failure.

In terms of batting and bowling, Zimbabwe is stronger. It will lose simply because of:
1.Selection
2.Batting positions
3.Use of non-bowlers at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL!