The one way out out of this mess.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

The one way out out of this mess.

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Hi,
Zimdoggy here.

Been driving and thinking about it all, how bad ZC is in, how the horse has seemingly bolted toward despair despite elements of the current admin making the right moves. Looking at how the juniors we have that stick by are nothing but suburban club players and the subsequent mess we will be in 5 years as a result.

We have one way out and one way only:

Cold
Hard
Cash

The more I think about it the more we have no other option.

And we are going to need the ICCs help.

What gives me hope is how the ICC have appointed some Indian types to fly in and take control of the finances. Positive move.

Right now we have a dozen or so young stars building their career overseas. The Byroms and such.

What we need to do is turn this on its head and capitalise on their English/Aussie coaching and give these kids an early Christmas and cough up the hard moola.

As good as welch, Byrom, keefe and friends are, they are hardly going to eventuate to Dave warner and kohli stars.

Maybe a Garry ballance/Grandhomme style career with a good 80 tests even to their name sure, but not a multi million dollar rockstar.
The Zimbabwean system won't allow it as all their bats are trained classically and not powerfully.

My point is we need to offer these kids an incentive to throw away their England ambitions and come home for a walk up start into the international arena.

Why not offer US 150 k contracts with a three year guarantee to Byrom, welch ?
125k US to Jarvis over the same timeframe?

Just these three alone will bolster the stocks to levels not seen since 2004.

If ICC chip in and have a confidentiality clause and some sort of ironclad guarantee then the momentum will snowball and other kids will stay.

There is no other way.
This happens or it's death.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: The one way out out of this mess.

Post by eugene »

This won't happen, death will.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Where we getting the cash from?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Someone could try the Euromillions lottery. Current jackpot: 100 million €

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I addressed this.
Cash will be from the ICC

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What will be sad is to see how quickly this money is squandered. Coffers will be empty by beginning of year three. They will be plotting how they can legitimately get their grubby mitts on the moola. Watch the Vic Falls stadium become a possibility again. I see a new fleet of cars in their future. They just can't help themselves.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I always ask myself whether somebody like Jarvis really isn't coming back because of the money. If Ervine can earn minimum 120k excluding match fees sure Taylor and Jarvis can earn more playing for Zim. At least 150k each. I understand when Taylor left there was Mangongo and we were barely playing but surely now with his family based in Zim he will come back. I don't know where Jarvis is at mentally.. maybe he thinks he can crack the English team but I doubt he ever will considering that he has to wait a few more years to be eligible. It would Be interesting to know how much he actually earns in the U.K.

This strategy of throwing money could work. Besides throwing Taylor and Jarvis some money I would actually target Sean Ervine and give him one final payday. The likes of Byrom Welch Etc are young and will think they can crack the English team..

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

6 months on I thought I'd revive this topic to firstly congratulate taibu and ZC for taking my advice onboard, and to show just what difference a couple of acquisitions can make to the setup.

There is a new aura, and a new buzz and all it took was three signings, two returning stars and a fringe player.

Look at what that is achieved!

This has always been our silver bullet.

Now we just need to fix the gate from the nursery.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY for ZC admin!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

eugene wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:12 pm
ZIMDOGGY for ZC admin!
It's quite a step up from campaigning unsuccesfully to become an admin at ZCF, but why not? There's one letter less in the name.