5 Famous Zimbabwe wins -espncricinfo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

5 Famous Zimbabwe wins -espncricinfo

Post by jaybro »

Espncricinfo has done a slideshow of Zimbabwe's 5 most famous wins inlignt of the boys history making ODI series win in SL. Just wondering if anyone has another famous win which sticks out?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/ ... 10423.html
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 5 Famous Zimbabwe wins -espncricinfo

Post by Jemisi »

Mixing test and ODI wins is hard. Heath slapping a six to win in NZ is a stand out ODI moment.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

For me watching the Test win over Pakistan in 13 was my favourite moment. Watching Chatara on that final day was unreal and probably why he's one of my favourite players. I didn't get to see the early test wins and didn't watch the ODI win over Australia in 14 either so that win in 13 is my favourite ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

From the post 2004 players I would definitely put the 2013 game against Pakistan as the best test victory. The ODI and T20 victories against Australia as are my best limited overs games. From an overall perspective this series victory could honestly be the greatest moment we have had away from home. The England whitewash at home is its only competitor overall for me too.

Then for best comebacks I have to give this generation credit for a few games given the circumstances they were in. Madziva and Waller's heroics in that t20 in Bangladesh are up there. Madziva defending 7 I think against Dhoni was also a miracle. The tie against the West Indies was also an extremely unlikely win. The comeback in the third ODI against Afghanistan will be recognized as the most unlikely victory we have ever recorded in the future.. that was almost impossible .

One has to wonder what the likes of Carlisle and Vermeulen have to say about this series victory after trashing the team just a few months ago. Now they have done something the golden 90s generation never did. That 90s generation never beat Australia in any game too.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 am
From the post 2004 players I would definitely put the 2013 game against Pakistan as the best test victory. The ODI and T20 victories against Australia as are my best limited overs games. From an overall perspective this series victory could honestly be the greatest moment we have had away from home. The England whitewash at home is its only competitor overall for me too.

Then for best comebacks I have to give this generation credit for a few games given the circumstances they were in. Madziva and Waller's heroics in that t20 in Bangladesh are up there. Madziva defending 7 I think against Dhoni was also a miracle. The tie against the West Indies was also an extremely unlikely win. The comeback in the third ODI against Afghanistan will be recognized as the most unlikely victory we have ever recorded in the future.. that was almost impossible .

One has to wonder what the likes of Carlisle and Vermeulen have to say about this series victory after trashing the team just a few months ago. Now they have done something the golden 90s generation never did. That 90s generation never beat Australia in any game too.
Just observation u mentioned Madziva defending 7 runs in the final inning against Bangladesh , now he is a forgot man...
Chisoro won us a game when he opened the bowling just don't remember which team but now he is a forgot man...
With the way your bowling is struggling Chisoro & Madziva should be at least in the final 16 touring squad...
The Chibhabhas, mpofu & company should watch the match @ home

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The England tour of Zimbabwe in the 90s I think will always be my greatest memory. Huge crowds, the team was on the up - amazing stuff.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes