Brendan Taylor ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: Brendan Taylor ??

Post by Flakeman »

Watermelon vs HHM

Will be interesting to see who makes more sense out of the two.

Watermelon takes round 1.

And Black Mamba, have you ever seen Kieran Robinson play? He is utterly terrible. He makes u19 sides cause parents pay money allegedly.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Tom91 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:07 pm
Pariah there are no quotas in the national squad. If Taylor comes back moor will get the chopped cos he ain't delivering. Also I wouldn't say Tari has nailed down his spot by any means. He's yet to score a hundred in his career so he's very lucky to be in the national squad. Out of Jarvis and Taylor I'd rather have Jarvis back cos we need help in the bowling department. The batting ticking along nicely at the moment without Taylor.
At no point do I refer to quotas, neither does my reasoning suggest so. It's all merit-based! Imagine Zimbabwe are playing a 6th ODI against Sri Lanka tomorrow, and attempt to build an XI including Taylor based on that. Strictly 7 batsmen(for interest's sake Cremer, Wellington Chatara and Jarvis are your bowlers since for some reason people think Jarvis will add value to ZIM's LOI setup). Go for it then we can chat based on that.

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:31 pm
Don't know why Sean Ervine doesn't want to come back.. that baffles me..
The man's batting has been woeful in County cricket. He suddenly has a big season in County cricket with the bat and is a possible capataincy candidate for Hamps, now you want him to come back to Zimbabwe when he'll be appoaching 38 after the Zim elections??? Sean returning now would be dumber then when he backtracked after being included in that CWC squad years ago. That slug is gone for good! The chances of Forster Mutizwa returning to keep for Zimbabwe are significantly higher than Sean Ervine going back to play for Zimbabwe. I think he's eyeing coach or Director of Cricket. If Sean is in a Zimbabwe shirt in future he'll probably be a Head or Assistant coach for the team.

eugene

Post by eugene »

This would be my lineup with Taylor returning. The opening spots are tough to call, I wouldn't even mind seeing Hammy and BT swap places in the order. BT opening is a bold move, but I am sure he could succeed, whereas Chakabva will never succeed as an opener.

1. Hamilton Masakadza
2. Sikandar Raza
3. Craig Ervine
4. Brendan Taylor
5. Tarisai Musakanda
6. Sean Williams
7. Regis Chakabva (w)
8. Malcolm Waller
9. Graeme Cremer (c)
10. Carl Mumba
11. Tendai Chatara
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

That wasn't too difficult a task

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 pm
This would be my lineup with Taylor returning. The opening spots are tough to call, I wouldn't even mind seeing Hammy and BT swap places in the order. BT opening is a bold move, but I am sure he could succeed, whereas Chakabva will never succeed as an opener.

1. Hamilton Masakadza
2. Sikandar Raza
3. Craig Ervine
4. Brendan Taylor
5. Tarisai Musakanda
6. Sean Williams
7. Regis Chakabva (w)
8. Malcolm Waller
9. Graeme Cremer (c)
10. Carl Mumba
11. Tendai Chatara
With a first class average of 25 I don't know why Tary is an auto selection .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:20 am
With a first class average of 25 I don't know why Tary is an auto selection .....
Sometimes you need to invest on the immense potential talent and hope for the best. Musakanda falls into that category. We did that with Sibanda and failed, but succeeded with Taibu on the other hand. He definitely deserves an extended run just based on potential and mindset he has shown so far.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

It seems performance of Solomon Mire & Graeme Cremer has put " Come Back Theory " back into lime light. For last ten years, Zimbabwe had handfull of success with most matches being in the list of loss, followed by a humiliation by new commers in Cricket, Afghanistan.

Once ZC team management came under Taibu - Streak, return of ex players back with the national jersey has become effective.Performance of Graeme Cremer & Solomon Mire in the 3-2 odi series win against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka has made this " Come Back Theory " more significant.

Once people use to call Zimbos pursuing county cricket in UK as a " Traitor", " Money Whore ", " Non Patriotic ". Certainly, those guys now showing double standard and those "traitors" have again being seen as a " Stars" " Saviours " " Winners "and they want them back. Consistent loss followed by a glimpse of success has made them to appretiate " Come Back Theory ".

Now they want Brendan Taylor, Sean Ervine, Kyle Jarvis Back :), some of them even wants Currans, Ballance, Grandhomme back who are fully committed to other nation, pleading in the twitter accounts of ex players like Anthony Ireland, Flower Brothers to come back and provide coaching to the youths :D thats what happens when right man comes to serve the game for the nation and change the entire thinking procedure.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 am
jaybro wrote:
Sometimes you need to invest on the immense potential talent and hope for the best. Musakanda falls into that category. We did that with Sibanda and failed, but succeeded with Taibu on the other hand. He definitely deserves an extended run just based on potential and mindset he has shown so far.

Yes I agree but I'd still have Burl or Moor ahead of him as their first class stats are superior & are also an investment for the future ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:53 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 am
jaybro wrote:

Yes I agree but I'd still have Burl or Moor ahead of him as their first class stats are superior & are also an investment for the future ......
or putting Mawoyo in and bumping Hammy down the order until Tari is ready to replace him. or even benching Hammy for Burl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)