[Match Thread] OnIy Test: SL vs ZIM

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] OnIy Test: SL vs ZIM

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am
Bobby bowling with some steam & anger !!! He's actually bending his back and looking dangerous, he should do this more often ......
Bobby. Always comes in the a lot of venom(not the philander type) up front then starts spraying in later spells.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:06 am
Did Zimbabwe miss a trick by not giving the seamers a few overs. bringing Bobby on this late really wont change the game.
You're 100% right ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Dean jones keeps saying it and it's true, we've had no luck at all today .....

Don't know why they took Bobby off .....

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I'm sick of Russel Arnold's voice .....

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

I said ZImbabwe needed 400 runs. In the end even 450 was not safe. That's why I was harsh on Raza's hundred. Tiripano looked like getting a 100 against the old ball.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Who is Adrian Meredith?
"...Zimbabwe will forever regret bowling the part-timer Williams instead of the opening bowlers."

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

We may have lost the match but we put up a fight. We could have made do with a few more front line bowlers but then again went might have been bowled out cheaply. The boys are off and we wait for their next assignment. Well played.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Conant

Post by Conant »

Well, that's it then.

I won't be congratulating anybody. If I were the Cremer, I would take the opportunity today to speak out against all the glaring, dodgy umpiring decisions we have had over the years.

What's the worst that could happen - a match fee fine? The Board will surely pay for it.

Somebody has to speak out.
Last edited by Conant on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 am
pariah wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 am
But again, Zimbabwe continues to suffer because a lot of these batsmen are not being played up the order and they justifiy it by saying they are "allrounders". The day Zimbabwe decides to play those privileged boys higher, is the day unfairly marginalised players like Chisoro, Wellington and Madziva finally come back into the national team. I posted their stats in another thread and all 3 should be in the ODI XI. That's a fact!
The team does seem unbalanced but everyone is making a contribution and can certainly hold onto their place. If these three are to come then who would be dropped? Am sure their time will come. What the team really needs some serious pace bowlers any idea on those?
Sean Williams scored 44 runs batting at number 5, then conceded 208 runs for 4 wickets, only one of which was a bowler's wicket which was a freakish delivery or a fluke!

Sean Williams single-handedly contributed 30% of Sri Lanka's runs in this match. How on earth he was allowed to bowl 67 overs I seriously do not know. If he was Keith Dabengwa I would seriously argue that Cremer and Streak were trying to get him dropped, and he would've been dropped. Good thing is Williams is immune to all of that!

Lastly Malcolm Waller bowled a grand total of 5 overs. Surely all those thinking Zimbabwe was robbed must pause for a moment and consider that maybe Zimbabwe were tipped-off for Malcolm's bowling and now he;s safe from being dropped for illegal bowling again, so can work on his batting and stay in the team.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Conant wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 am
I wont be congratulating anybody. If I were the Cremer, I would take the opportunity today to speak out against all the glaring, dodgy umpiring decisions we have had over the years.

What's the worst that could happen - a match fee fine? The Board will surely pay for it.

Somebody has to speak out.
First of all, why did Malcolm Waller bowl just 5 overs in a match in which Cremer, Raza and Williams almost bowled 200 overs?