Great Tour of Zimbabwe cricket in a decade

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
celsito

Great Tour of Zimbabwe cricket in a decade

Post by celsito »

I have been fun for many years now since 90s I've been following cricket for many years. I felt this is the best tour. Keep it up guys..

cricket_22001

Re: Great Tour of Zimbabwe cricket in a decade

Post by cricket_22001 »

Considering so much adversity Zimbabwe faces this certainly has been a remarkably successful tour. So many comments on the test thread have spoken of fight & grit. So much grit today when it appeared Herath & Perera seemed to be bowling hand grenades & yet, by the days end Zim's run rate is 3.70!
Sensational! It says much for the players mind set, they weren't going to surrender.
On mind set, there has been comments of Waller this test. I wonder how much he can attribute his performance because he has been given a vote of confidence by the tour management. I mean, he has a FC batting average around 40-no mug.
Win, lose or draw this test, it has been a wonderful performance. I was following Cricinfos running commentary & someone noted all of Zimbabwe's wins have been against Asian nations except SL. Well, I wonder what Heath Streak's mindset is because I'm sure he recalls the 2nd test of the 1998 tour where SL won by 5 wickets admist much controversy. Streak bowled his heart out only for some dodgy home umpiring to see SL to victory.

celsito

Re: Great Tour of Zimbabwe cricket in a decade

Post by celsito »

Whatever result come tomorrow for me this is the best tour in decades. And I'm very proud with the boys they have played very well they have shown what was their 90s the Fighting Spirit within the team that we will never give up till the end :W: 🖖