My favourite Zimbabwe Test centuries pre-suspension

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: My favourite Zimbabwe Test centuries pre-suspension

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:15 pm
Oh I agree Taibu did well, I just remember the others more fondly. Perhaps because Taibu's is from a time when things were really going down the drain for Zimbabwe cricket?
I'd rate Masakadza's 158 way higher than Taibu's 153 (and even that Regis hundred) purely because of the quality of BD bowling at both junctures. Probably what Taibu faced was one of the weakest attacks. But he played better knocks, although not hundreds in pre-suspension days. Like the India test quoted already.

Anyway, I'll need time to come up with my top 10 of pre-suspension and post-resumption. But that 188 of Whittall will be right up there for sure. I watched every ball played of that dogged resistance.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: My favourite Zimbabwe Test centuries pre-suspension

Post by eugene »

Yeah, that Whitall knock may be the favourite one that I actually watched. I imagine Grant's double century against Pakistan must have been a sight also, although I don't think that game was televised.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes