10 years of ZCF

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 10 years of ZCF

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:51 am
are you an ethnic Tajik?
Yes.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
that would explain why your avatar is of Hamid since Afghanistan is the closest country to you.
Actually, it doesn't have much to do with that.. I like Afghanistan's brand of cricket. I loved watching Hamid Hassan bowl his toe-crushing yorkers. How those guys play is really exciting to watch.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 am
Yes great achievement 10 years for ZCF a team of the decade will definitely be required. I've been here for for almost half of it and have been involved in 1 of the yearly additions but have mostly suffered a similar fate that of Ed Rainsford. Always putting up good figures but seemingly overlooked for others, hopefully if I keep putting in the hard work I might make the cut un-like Ed who has retired .....

Some other ideas to mark the celebrations

- Forum Vote All Time favourite / Best Test, ODI & t20 sides /

- Forum Vote Favourite All time Zimbabwe moment

- Forum Vote Favourite All time moment shared on the forum ( playing our first test might be someone's favourite moment but obviously not shared on the forum )

- Forum Vote Favourite / Best player, batsman, bowler, Fielder etc

- We could also 'relive' some of the most popular thread's on the forum. We could guys who were involved in those threads to do the recaps

That sounds like a lot of fun, good ideas. Especially "reliving" and "recapping" favourite threads :lol:

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

::reminds himself not to forget to renew the web hosting::

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Is November 28 the exact anniversary date?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

grant wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:53 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
are you an ethnic Tajik?
Yes.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
that would explain why your avatar is of Hamid since Afghanistan is the closest country to you.
Actually, it doesn't have much to do with that.. I like Afghanistan's brand of cricket. I loved watching Hamid Hassan bowl his toe-crushing yorkers. How those guys play is really exciting to watch.
well the next question is how did you get interested in cricket?

secondly is there a difference between your people and Tajiks of Afghanistan? in the mosque I attended as a child, I had some afghan tajik friends and they spoke what they called "afghan farsi" which I presume is officially known as Dari. is that the same as Tajiki (if thats a real word)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

grant

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm
well the next question is how did you get interested in cricket?

secondly is there a difference between your people and Tajiks of Afghanistan? in the mosque I attended as a child, I had some afghan tajik friends and they spoke what they called "afghan farsi" which I presume is officially known as Dari. is that the same as Tajiki (if thats a real word)?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/s ... 48142.html
This will probably be a bit difficult for you to believe, but it was this series that really got me interested in cricket :D

Actually, I have never met an Afghan Tajik.. Apparently they speak a different variety of Farsi, known as Dari. From what I've heard, Tajik, Dari and the Farsi spoken in Iran are mutually intelligible, but there are many differences too especially when it comes to the accent. Also, the script is totally different.
Tbh I can't even understand spoken Farsi (the Iranian version) let alone the written one but I'm probably not the best example because I speak a mix of Tajik, Russian and English, and I've lived outside Tajikistan for most of my life. Maybe the differences are more profound in the colloquial versions....

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

grant wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Actually, I have never met an Afghan Tajik.. Apparently they speak a different variety of Farsi, known as Dari. From what I've heard, Tajik, Dari and the Farsi spoken in Iran are mutually intelligible, but there are many differences too especially when it comes to the accent. Also, the script is totally different.
Tbh I can't even understand spoken Farsi (the Iranian version) let alone the written one but I'm probably not the best example because I speak a mix of Tajik, Russian and English, and I've lived outside Tajikistan for most of my life. Maybe the differences are more profound in the colloquial versions....
I have Afghan friends that are both Tajik and Pashtun. I myself am a Bangladeshi with Pashtun ancestry going back 8 generations from my maternal grandfather's side. But I am not sure if they are Afghan or Pakistani Pashtuns - of course 200 years ago that distinction didn't exist, lol.

What country do you live in now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

grant

Post by grant »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 pm
I have Afghan friends that are both Tajik and Pashtun. I myself am a Bangladeshi with Pashtun ancestry going back 8 generations from my maternal grandfather's side. But I am not sure if they are Afghan or Pakistani Pashtuns - of course 200 years ago that distinction didn't exist, lol.

What country do you live in now?
Cool! That sounds interesting. I remember you once mentioned about this.

I'm currently in India, studying at university.