10 years of ZCF

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: 10 years of ZCF

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:05 pm
Team of the decade will certainly be a tough one to crack. Nobody walks into the ZCF XI, unlike the actual Zimbabwean team.
so I guess I will need to score 200 posts and maybe cuss out a few fools in the WI match threads to impress you?

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm
eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:50 pm
I may have to do a ZCF XI of the decade.
i hope I can fill the 'Raza role' of the desi expat/immigrant ie the token brown guy who has toiled for years in the domestic threads and earned his spot in the team as a useful all-rounder with my strong background in analytics (Raza's the 2nd best batter in the side behind Ervine), electric vitriol (Raza's fielding), and part time wit (Raza's off spin).
I think Raza is more fond of Hami than you, although your relations have been thawing a bit lately.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This has been a great place. A decade! It just feels like yesterday that we started sharing and discussing things here...

Yeah the decade XI would be fun. Hope there would be some unexpected comebacks and shock retirements to go with the ZC way of things...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I was close to retirement a few weeks ago. Obviously the team got wind of that and decided to start playing!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 am
I was close to retirement a few weeks ago. Obviously the team got wind of that and decided to start playing!
Same here! This series gave a new lease of life for my Zim fanaticism which was otherwise on life support.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yes great achievement 10 years for ZCF a team of the decade will definitely be required. I've been here for for almost half of it and have been involved in 1 of the yearly additions but have mostly suffered a similar fate that of Ed Rainsford. Always putting up good figures but seemingly overlooked for others, hopefully if I keep putting in the hard work I might make the cut un-like Ed who has retired .....

Some other ideas to mark the celebrations

- Forum Vote All Time favourite / Best Test, ODI & t20 sides /

- Forum Vote Favourite All time Zimbabwe moment

- Forum Vote Favourite All time moment shared on the forum ( playing our first test might be someone's favourite moment but obviously not shared on the forum )

- Forum Vote Favourite / Best player, batsman, bowler, Fielder etc

- We could also 'relive' some of the most popular thread's on the forum. We could guys who were involved in those threads to do the recaps
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Great ideas, the last one in particular. We must unearth the Golden threads

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

eugene wrote:
Team of the decade will certainly be a tough one to crack. Nobody walks into the ZCF XI, unlike the actual Zimbabwean team.
I can sense heartbreak for Jemisi and Zimfan1.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:10 am
eugene wrote:
hi
I can sense heartbreak for Jemisi and Zimfan1.
Even if my workmanlike production of runs in the middle order and ability to out-think opposition hitters is overlooked, I am still getting on the bus to make sure the scorecards are in order.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

I've been here for around three years now, and this has been a fantastic place! The Zimbabwean team is the reason I started following cricket so ardently....
I've never quite been close to selection for the ZCF XI, but I'll keep putting in the hard yards and hopefully make the cut some day :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7084&start=10#p74384
@CrimsonAvenger - I am from Tajikistan :D That was way too much optimism for a team that doesn't even play in the World Cricket League.....