Zimbabwe rising stars

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Zimbabwe rising stars

Post by jimbo »

Beat Surrey second team today by a few runs which was a great win. A certain William mashinge getting 70 odd and blessing muzarabani getting a few wickets

TapsC

Re: Zimbabwe rising stars

Post by TapsC »

Wow that is amazing.saw it on twitter as well.. they surely must be some decent opposition and they didn't have Mumba Tari and Burl too.. I wonder if those 3 lads are coming home or going back on tour.. they should go straight back and keep the momentum going. I'm not going to lie I was skeptical at first but this academy is definitely better than them sitting at home doing now during winter. I just hope none of them get poached by the counties

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

And who is Farai Akram? Anybody have any info on him? He seems to be doing well out there

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

The key for me is deconstructing the side and seeing out of the squad who will step up
Mashinge- been getting runs and wickets has been consistent
Mavuta- big spinner getting wickets and runs
Ngarava- always liked this kid. A lefty. Think he is a confidence bowler bit like Steve harmison. Got a 5fer against wostershire last week. Has pace and bounce
Blessing muzarabani- gets a lot of ribbing in here but took 4 wickets against Lancashire seconds and got another 3 against Surrey today. Big lad has potential

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

How quick USB muzarabani?

The whole idea of them becoming the 5th franchise next season needs to take off so that we can really see where they stand. I genuinely think they will knock a few franchises over.. a bowling lineup of Ngarava Mumba Muzarabani and Mavuta is not the worst actually. Add Mashinge Burl and Musakanda and they actaully don't look too bad on paper

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

I spoke to Mavuta about the 5th franchise thing.

All the young lads seem like that's where they'll be getting the core of the cricket.

It seemed strange to me that they wouldn't be already on the playing staff at one of the four franchises already and make their way through the ranks there.

If the four established franchises don't get the chance to play youngsters cos they are in the academy franchise then their playing staff will be made up of older players who've probably had loads of games diluting the scene?

For me those lads at the academy who currently play franchise in Zim should be retained by their current franchise but if they are not picked for a game they go into the Zim Academy player pool - say there's a squad of 25 under 25 year olds in there, half affiliated to a franchise and likely to appear for them quite a bit, half who haven't played FC yet but are knocking on the door for selection as it currently stands at one of these four franchises. Then the Zim Academy coach, for arguments sake says its Stuart Matsiykenyeri, chooses his playing team from the Zim Academy pool. One week he might get Mavuta, one week he might not cos he's playing for Rhinos.

The players out of the Zim Academy pool who are retained by a franchise should train with their franchise and the players in the pool with no franchise team stay to be coached in a high performance setting by Matsiykenyeri & Taibu et al. If logistically possible the franchise retained players can meet up to train with the Zim Academy squad one day a week too to keep that familiarity with the other Academy players and the coaching from Matsiykenyeri & Taibu.

Just my thoughts.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 pm
How quick USB muzarabani?

The whole idea of them becoming the 5th franchise next season needs to take off so that we can really see where they stand. I genuinely think they will knock a few franchises over.. a bowling lineup of Ngarava Mumba Muzarabani and Mavuta is not the worst actually. Add Mashinge Burl and Musakanda and they actaully don't look too bad on paper
Him and Nyathi quickest I've faced this year. Probably late 70's - 80. But that's a English deck, guess they could be quicker in Zim.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Academy beat future stars in a two day March. Ngarava in the wickets again

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

On the surface the ZRS tour looks like a success but we won't know the real outcome until we see some of these guys start dominating Logan Cup and move on to national honours. Really excited about Mashinge looks like a good bat & ball, I can't remember how quick he was bowling at the WC ? But I remember him taking 6 wickets against Bangladesh in a warm up series .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Scorecards?