Should Zimbabwe tour Bangladesh if Asked?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Should Zimbabwe tour Bangladesh if Asked?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

With the Aussie tour uncomfirmed to date, should Zimbabwe take advantage of momentum and confidence and agree to a potential tour of Bangladesh in September before the West Indies series? Should the players rest up instead?

Personally, I think it would be a very exciting tour and I would support it 100% if the Aussies pulled out. I do however want to see a Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe as soon as its possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Re: Should Zimbabwe tour Bangladesh if Asked?

Post by TapsC »

I would prefer it be the other way round. Bangladesh has not toured us in a while plus we are scheduled to tour you guys again in February for a tri series with Sri Lanka apparently.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

We should play cricket with anyone and everyone. Too often we have had a watershed moment (test victory over Pakistan for example) followed by months of inactivity.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

+1

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm
We should play cricket with anyone and everyone. Too often we have had a watershed moment (test victory over Pakistan for example) followed by months of inactivity.
+100

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

No brainer we should tour 100% .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

We should be playing cricket at the same time managing our players.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah

Post by pariah »

It entirely depends on what the selectors and coaches are trying to achieve. Based on their current reasoning I think a tour another tour to the subcontinent wouldn't make sense.

They aren't playing the bastmen in positions where they should(opening with Chakabva an dHami who have horribl erecords there, then throwing in a greeen Musakanda in there at first drop).

A load of part-timers who won't be dropped - have very unreliable batting, plus will still play a big role as spinners - a role for which they are thoroughly unprepared.

If Zimbabwe want to tour Bangladesh they need to get their act together, which they won't because they have just been "competitive" so no one will be dropped or shifted.

It's not a mistake that they lost to Scotland and were bullied in parts by Netherlands.

With this squad or set up, Bagladesh would thump ZImbabwe far more heavily than the last tour, so they should not accept.

Just keep these ranking points and hope to increase them against West Indies then Afghanistan and Ireland later if they tour.

Avoid Bangladesh unless a 2-match series on a flat dead pitch in Bulawayo where they can adopt the silly 8/9 batsmen strategy and draw with Bangladesh for more ranking points.

In any case, that's how Bangladesh increased their points so Zimbabwe are in a perfect position to start doing the same before the likes of Hami and Cremer retire.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

eugene wrote:
+1

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
But that's done deliberately because countries don't want to host ZImbabwe and Zimbabwe is either too broke to pay for long Test tours and decide T20s or ODIs, or there are player-strikes which create risks and certainty for sides to commit.

That is why I say inviting sides like AFG/IRE who would be wlling to pay part of the bill will help, and ZIM can use a few of those points (if they win & should) to climb up.

Bangladesh are worth paying for because they present a chance to draw one Test and actually win one of them - possibly the first one.

Right now it should no longer about just volume of cricket but strategic. Selecting the right team, right players and building for the future.

If you're going to pick the Moors, Mumbas, Burls, Musakandas and Wellingtons, use them properly, in the right positions, and select the best 6 in Zimbabwe seniors to pair them with. Even if it means you drop a few players/favourites. That way Zimbabwe will have a strong team 5 years from now.

But if you have a few Tests, then get tours, but flood the side with seniors who are poorly used, still fail and the team still gets beaten, you'll be back to no one wanting to play you - overtaken by Afghanistan in the rankings, and a Burl/Musakanda who have been poorly used like Chari having a 14 average after 5 Tests. by the time they are 25.

Right now Zimbabwe don't know what they want, which is a pity because SL and WI are at their weakest, while BD hasn't exactly pulled away much.Plus there's fodder in AFG & IRE to be had.