Taylor, Jarvis set to return, talks with Ervine underprocess

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Taylor, Jarvis set to return, talks with Ervine underprocess

Post by Andybligzz »

The more talent the squad has creates more depth , position is never safe . All this will create a competitive squad and challenge the players to either improve or be moved on, anyone who thinks this isn't fair and decides to quit zimbabwe cricket or might not have the will to better themselves you must ask the question do we want players like this ? I get people will be upset and feel as if if they have been put a level below someone like Taylor if he chooses to come back but I think Taylor has the credits already in the bank to be able to come straight back in ( all time legend for us ). Jarvis will create more bowling depth and yes his stats aren't great but I'd still rather on paper Jarvis and Chatara with the new pill both can bowl high 130 kms which is rare for us these days . In regards to Sean Ervine please move on from him he's 34 and as much as I loved him ( watched a lot of him Over here in Western Australia ) he's to old and sadly a bit up himself ! The more quality we get back the more people will take note which means more cricket and money , potentially inspiring more younger generations ! Can only wait and see
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

grant

Post by grant »

This XI will be so competitive!

Hami
Mire
Ervine
Taylor (wk)
Williams
Musakanda
Raza
Waller
Cremer (c)
Chatara
Jarvis

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

grant wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:08 pm
This XI will be so competitive!

Hami
Mire
Ervine
Taylor (wk)
Williams
Musakanda
Raza
Waller
Cremer (c)
Chatara
Jarvis
Yea that's a pretty damn good side!!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

What would the Test XI look like for home Tests against Asian sides?

Hamilton
Raza/Chakabva (+)
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Chakabva (+)/Raza
Musakanda/Burl/M Waller
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Mumba

This would be my XI with obviously the question marks as to who opens, and where does Regis bat (unless Moor is picked as the WK). Also the debate as to whether Musakanda should play given his talent over the more pedigreed Burl. If Tary bats down the order, it might allow him to bat with relatively less pressure. The batting extends down to #8 with Cremer now being a genuine all rounder, but the last 3 guys will probably not add many runs.

For ODIs it would be:

Hamilton
Mire
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Musakanda
M Waller
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Musakanda gets the nod over Burl at the moment. Musakanda has scored runs for us, Burl has not. Burl is the next cab off the rank though.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Have a mate at Littleborough CC where Burl briefly played and he said he was a strange individual, but boy could he play.

Musakanda, as Eugene said, is ahead for now, but to have an exciting kid like Burl clipping at his heels is only a good thing.

Really want to know what the latest is with the Jarvis/Taylor saga.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I reckon we're 85% chance of getting BRMT, the main factor being his family still live in Harare surely he's keen to get home to them ......

KJ is less likely imo as I don't think his father or mother live in Zimbabwe anymore & he seems to really enjoy living in the U.K. Also from what I understand if the boys give up their Kolpak deals now they won't be able to get another one due to Brexit ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

was looking at the average age in our team and I think we have to be really careful with how we deal with the youngsters. Looking at the current guys Hami,Waller, Taylor,Williams, Raza, Mpofu, Ervine, Cremer, Chamu and Chakabva( in September) are all 30 and above. Panyangara and Vusi and Mawoyo on the fringes too are in their 30s. Sean Ervine as well.

We don't want to have a Kenya moment and do well over the next 2/3 years then we are back to normal again. I'm glad Mumba Ngarava Burl and Musakanda are already in the setup but we need to slowly retire a few of these guys and ease more youngsters in the team..

All efforts must be made to lure Murray Byrom, Welch and Snater back as well as get the likes of Luke Jongwe back on the right path. Streak needs to drop his obsession with Mpofu and get the likes of Madziva bowling how he wants them to bowl.

The test side can be packed with seniors but the Limited overs sides must be a platform for the kids to express themselves as we have seen Musakanda do

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yeah I've brought that up Multiple times.

I still reckon all hands on deck till the 2019 cup then start to phase some old meat out. Mpofu, vusi, Elton some low hanging fruit, then maybe Waller and chatara etc
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*