New cricinfo page layout

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

New cricinfo page layout

Post by Train Driver »

Anyone seen the new page layout, of course you all have ;)

Comments? I think it's shit and far inferior to the old one, mines also had far more advertising, why does everyone have to change things for the sake of it?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: New cricinfo page layout

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Agreed. Every redesign makes it worse. The best one was circa 2006-ish - I mean, I do understand they have to modernise (Cricinfo would look like a tinpot company if they didn't), but that one was by far the easiest to navigate.

With the amount of money ESPN would have at their disposal you'd think they could find designers that could make it look modern and also easy to navigate. Personally I think they over emphasise the video content too much, I don't know about you guys but I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've played a Cricinfo video.

IF however, they decided to use the might of ESPN to start live streaming matches then they could have a site with black text on a black background and I wouldn't complain.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, its just horrible. Specially the navigability. I wanted to start a thread on the WI U19 tour of Zim here and could not find the fixtures anywhere I looked on Cricinfo, while it was pretty easy in the previous version. I agree the 2006 version (pre-ESPN, when it was just Cricinfo) was the easiest to navigate. Simple and effective.

More painful is the fact that one of my former colleagues has worked on this redesign :)

Rumours are that Cricbuzz has bought out the Cricinfo part from ESPN. Not sure when this comes out formally.

May be this thread can go to the other cricket forum to elicit more comments.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

The Stories are better presented.

The Scores and Fixtures are very bad. Hope they get it fixed quickly!

PSR

Post by PSR »

The new layout is really shit and confusing.Didnt know where to look for the scores initially. But we will get used to it after a while.

The main purpose of the update was faster and data efficient browsing imo.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The live score cards don't seem to auto refresh often too. I did not know Trent Jayden Schadendorf had been dismissed till I painstakingly refreshed my browser tab myself.

Or may be they don't want to give bad news about the great TJS to his billions of fans around the world...

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:12 pm
The live score cards don't seem to auto refresh often too. I did not know Trent Jayden Schadendorf had been dismissed till I painstakingly refreshed my browser tab myself.
Yep, there seems to be something not quite right. I've also noticed that having the live scorecard open slows down things elsewhere in my browser.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I was looking back at some old test matches and couldn't even find the scorecards. Not sure if i was missing something or if they still haven't entered all the data? Take this test for example - http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1647 ... we-1992-93
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jward

Post by jward »

I add my vote to so many others with a big thumbs-down - confusing and very badly done.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yeah it looks half baked to me .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement