Jongwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jongwe?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Hhm I wouldn't stress too much.
I think it's just a case of a young black dude who wants to experience a totally different lifestyle like many young kids do. He wants to party and see the sights of oz. he's not even getting paid!
Just free rego and a cushy job in a cricket store (and maybe some coaching of kids if he wants it).
That said,
It's basically a done deal pending visa. Visa is a Masai r stumbling block though. It's almost impossible for a zimbo to get here without sponsorship, unless someone knows any way?

Then we can all go to the pub with jongwe and perhaps justice, who is also expressing interest.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:26 am
Hhm I wouldn't stress too much.
I think it's just a case of a young black dude who wants to experience a totally different lifestyle like many young kids do. He wants to party and see the sights of oz. he's not even getting paid!
Just free rego and a cushy job in a cricket store (and maybe some coaching of kids if he wants it).
That said,
It's basically a done deal pending visa. Visa is a Masai r stumbling block though. It's almost impossible for a zimbo to get here without sponsorship, unless someone knows any way?

Then we can all go to the pub with jongwe and perhaps justice, who is also expressing interest.
You drop so many names! so you're part of the problem because one can never know with you. :lol:

I always watch Chamu Chibhabha(Justice?) with keen interest. His presence is the one that also makes things difficult. He's been poor for quite some time, but they didn't drop Malcolm when he should've been dropped, didn't drop Raza when he should've been dropped, didn't drop Williams when he should've been dropped, so that spared him too. I said the sam ething last ime and it was proven true. Anyway, when Chamu is finally dropped - around the next contracts discussions, he may look to leave. I suspect he won't be culled alone though this time.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yeah justice as in Chamu.
He does frustrate me. Can look so good one day and completely disinterested and intimidated the next.

I think if he had more guts he would get a better run with the team
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:26 am
Visa is a Masai r stumbling block though.
You mean that lanky Kenyan fastbowler from the bush? :)

eugene

Post by eugene »

No one is faster than Mark Olonga, not even Masai.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think Jongwe and Taibu are just so different that it will be difficult for jongwe to get a chance as long as taibu is there. Jongwe likes to have a good time like any other kid but Taibu is a disciplinarian who is also very religious. He probably sees Luke as someone who could "poison" his youth setup.. not including him in the rising stars was bizarre for me. Hopefully we don't lose him for good. He has the talent. That's just my opinion

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 am
Taibu is a disciplinarian who is also very religious...probably sees Luke as someone who could "poison" his youth setup.. not including him in the rising stars was bizarre for me.
Taibu must be fired then. He threw away his own future and severely affected Zimbabwe's progress with the imbalance he left in the side. Now he's back - turbocharged by his demons and he's affecting the futures of Jongwe and Wellington.

Maybe he should just go back to his church and let Makoni run the show. Beating full strength Pakistan and Australian sides has been replaced by being bullied by Scotland. Maybe we can give Taibu the Sri Lanka tour as a "forgive me for losing to SCO and NED", but that SL aslo routinely scored 500 plus against Zimbabwe in ZIM without really losing wickets, and India has just scored 600 against them at 4.5, with Kohli contributing nothing plus Herath bagging just one wicket

Tibba is clearly taking Zimbabwe backwards very fast.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Taibu is clearly doing great things, Makoni has been running the game into the ground for years .....

Taibu has put together the Rising stars whilst for years Makoni has done nothing ......

I swear Hhm just writes rubbish to piss us off .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 am
Taibu is clearly doing great things, Makoni has been running the game into the ground for years .....

Taibu has put together the Rising stars whilst for years Makoni has done nothing ......

I swear Hhm just writes rubbish to piss us off .....
It's a case of one of two things, or both - either you have a very shallow knowledge of the history of Zimbabwe Cricket, and you don't know Makoni's position in ZC currently and in respect to "Rosing stars".

Anyway, what you should be considering right now are the number of lows ZIM has hit, and the fact that SL just conceded 600 against IND in about 4 sessions, and are currently 154/5 to put our "highs" into perspective. And that's within a few months after the same SL was piling on huge runs against ZIM.

Apart from beating a very strong Bangladesh, ZIM beat mighty AUS 3 times under Makoni, went toe to toe with SL & IND in a Tri-Series, went toe-to-toe with SA & SL in an A Team Tri-Series, plus beat PAK in a Test, and NZ in LOIs. There were also some disappointments yes, but with the way Streak and Taibu are treating some top ZIM talent right now, I can't "great" even coming close to ZIM cricket if recent events are anything to go by.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

watermelon here,

I like Makoni, you pay him enough money he will get anyone in the team. At least with guys you can bribe you know how to get things done and you know he doesn't care about actual cricket so there is nothing else to cloud his decision making.

Jongwe is another lazy black - Zimbabwe is full of them. You have no idea how hard it is find decent workers in this country. These guys are easy to outsmart and are happy to work for crap pay as they don't know any better, but occasionally I need a productive worker - even I can't keep my successful exporting business going all on my own.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3