Jongwe?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Jongwe?

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:17 pm
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:10 am
Taibu is clearly doing great things, Makoni has been running the game into the ground for years .....

Taibu has put together the Rising stars whilst for years Makoni has done nothing ......

I swear Hhm just writes rubbish to piss us off .....
It's a case of one of two things, or both - either you have a very shallow knowledge of the history of Zimbabwe Cricket, and you don't know Makoni's position in ZC currently and in respect to "Rosing stars".

Anyway, what you should be considering right now are the number of lows ZIM has hit, and the fact that SL just conceded 600 against IND in about 4 sessions, and are currently 154/5 to put our "highs" into perspective. And that's within a few months after the same SL was piling on huge runs against ZIM.

Apart from beating a very strong Bangladesh, ZIM beat mighty AUS 3 times under Makoni, went toe to toe with SL & IND in a Tri-Series, went toe-to-toe with SA & SL in an A Team Tri-Series, plus beat PAK in a Test, and NZ in LOIs. There were also some disappointments yes, but with the way Streak and Taibu are treating some top ZIM talent right now, I can't "great" even coming close to ZIM cricket if recent events are anything to go by.

Makoni gets zero credit he did nothing to help those victories he was too busy stealing cash .....

We just won our first odi series against a full nation in 17 years. Please tell me when we did this under Makoni?

And who are the 'Rosing Stars' :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I love Makoni getting credit for stuff he had nothing to do with. I was on this forum for all of Zimbabwe's victories in the last decade, where is my credit? Zimbabwe beat a strong Uganda during my tenure here!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:35 am
I love Makoni getting credit for stuff he had nothing to do with. I was on this forum for all of Zimbabwe's victories in the last decade, where is my credit? Zimbabwe beat a strong Uganda during my tenure here!
:D Speak to Chingoka. Pretty sure he'll host a dinner for you.

Conant

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Taibu is clearly doing great things, Makoni has been running the game into the ground for years .....

Taibu has put together the Rising stars whilst for years Makoni has done nothing ......

:D :D :) :)

HHM does move from insightful and percipient to the ridiculous in 40 seconds.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:51 am
jaybro wrote:

:D :D :) :)

HHM does move from insightful and percipient to the ridiculous in 40 seconds.
Yes indeed .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:55 am
Seemed to be the next big thing in Zimbabwe cricket, didn't he get dropped for behaviour once or twice??

Might be a good thing for him to spend some time in Oz, it's certainly worked for Mire .....
Lets hope Jongwe matures out there & become the next Solomon Mire or even better...