Zimbabwe A vs South Africa Emerging: Series Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: Zimbabwe A vs South Africa Emerging: Series Thread

Post by Mueddie28 »

Collapse in the making
Chibhabha & chakabva gone inside 3 balls
After a wonderful 99 stand...

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Stand Hhm giving credit to Ntini but saying Streak is a 1/10 coach :lol:

That's why Streak has scored numerous international gigs in coaching. Also since Ntini has taken over we've seen zero improvement from our fast bowlers and since he's the bowling coach I don't understand how he's given so much credit .....

At least when Streak was the bowling coach we seen the emergence of KJ, Chatara, Vitori & Shingi .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:36 am
At least when Streak was the bowling coach we seen the emergence of KJ, Chatara, Vitori & Shingi .....
Wrong. Very wrong.

Even for Bangladesh it's been said numerous times by a number of people that he's not the one responsible for Mustafizur and Taskin.

I'll maybe give Streak Njabulo Ncube, but even that is a stretch. The rest Meth, Mpofu and co, are not Streak products. had Streak gotten Glen Querl to bowl properly then maybe you and I would have something to talk about, which is why Vitori is doomed.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

Ntini is a showpony or motivational speaker at best. The hardwork in coaching is being done by others.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Even for Bangladesh it's been said numerous times by a number of people that he's not the one responsible for Mustafizur and Taskin.
Most Bangladesh fans attribute our 2015 successes to Streak's work with our pace bowlers. From what I can tell, Streak is a fine coach.

However, you are right, Taskin and Fizz had emerged outside of Streak's purview. Taskin had just debuted and has been more or less the same steady bowler he's always been. Neither phenomenal, nor poor. Fizz is just a freak with Murali type wrists and dead on accuracy (before his shoulder injury at least).

Walsh has now taken over, and under him Fizz and Taskin have blown hot and cold. I don't think that means Walsh is an inferior coach to Streak necessarily. Nor the other way around. I think Fizz and Taskin are probably re-orienting themselves. Or quite simply, in the case of Fizz, out of form/fitness after his injury layoff. Only time will tell for sure.

My personal opinion is that coaching has a limited effect on the actual gameplay at this level. Youth coaches, development coaches, etc really mould youngsters but at the professional level coaching is probably more about strategies, overseeing fitness regimens, and man management. But thats just my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

The problem, in Pariah's world, is that Heath Streak is white. Therefore gets a 1/10, despite coaching the side to a series win in Sri Lanka, and pushing them hard in the Test match. The bloke is a tool.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 pm
jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:36 am
Wrong. Very wrong.

I'll maybe give Streak Njabulo Ncube, but even that is a stretch. The rest Meth, Mpofu and co, are not Streak products. had Streak gotten Glen Querl to bowl properly then maybe you and I would have something to talk about, which is why Vitori is doomed.
Wrong Very wrong indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Robbo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:18 pm
The problem, in Pariah's world, is that Heath Streak is white. Therefore gets a 1/10, despite coaching the side to a series win in Sri Lanka, and pushing them hard in the Test match. The bloke is a tool.
Just a suggestion why not ZC have a weekend tournament between the Zim A squad, Emerging Zim squad, Zim U19 & Zim Rising squad ..We just got 10million from ICC

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Robbo wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Far too many blunders have occurred under Heath Streak. Way too many. He is inflexible and totally devoid of any tactical and technical ability as a coach.

For the Tuskers he simply failed to understand that Meth shouldn't have been relied on in List A & T20 competitions. Secondly, he bowled a Mpofu in his prime at 4th or 5th change.

When Pakistan rocked up he failed to see the basic sense that Jarvis and Vitori would be destroyed by that batting line up, and when it became apparent he completely failed to get them to adjust their lines.

When SL toured Zimbsbwe last year, Streak was well aware of the pitch that was being prepared, still a young and inexperienced Mumba was picked on such conditions and got hammered. Logically, Shingi should have been automatic bu again Streak failed to see that.

The less said about SL the better. That attack and the strategies were both mind boggling and embarrassing!

Yes Vitori and Jarvis did well against Bangladesh initially, but to be fair, how much of that was down to Bangladesh arrogance, under-preparedness, pitch, and the hospitality they received?

After all, I recall Bangladesh being bowled out twice for under 200 runs in a tour match ahead of that Test vs BD.

If Streak was pulling the strings, I doubt Panyangara would have ever played Tests for Zimbabwe. Ignoring Madziva and Jongwe is ludicrous!

He has zero ability in putting together a balanced Test attack, that's why I don't rate him. Plus this defeatist 8 batsman strategy only makes it worse. It's a joke really.

If you have any tactical genius you can identify and put forward about Streak, you're more than welcome. I still have to go through the forum to see where he actually regained his respect after stubbornly persisting with Querl and causing chaos and revolts.

I think often times guys block out fairly assessing a player or coach because they just have to disagree with "hhm". Good coaches don't lose to SCO and NED that badly. Those were absolute thrashings. Mangongo's teams that lost to AFG were weakened, filled with debutantes and severely rotated - the same youngsters who continued to excel for Zimbabwe. What's Streak's excuse?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Streak just coached Zimbabwe to a ODI series win against a test playing nation overseas !!!!!

Regardless of the state of the Sri Lanka side its still a great achievement for Zimbabwe when you consider we hadn't beaten a test playing nation overseas since forever it seems ......

The last time the Great Stephen Mongongo coached Zimbabwe they lost 8-0 to Bangladesh ......

Now waiting for Hhm to compare the current Sri Lankan side to Kenya :lol: