The Rising Stars

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

The Rising Stars

Post by TapsC »

I guess we need to continue the thread.

Saw on twitter today that Muzarabani clocked 87mph which is around the 140kph mark. Considering his age and height this is really exciting. I think ZC needs to invest a lot of money in him and send him to a Aussie high performance center for a few months. He could be a real problem especially in test matches where he can bowl more bouncers

Flakeman

Re: The Rising Stars

Post by Flakeman »

Yet he gets massacred on our club scene. Nothing to see there unless he gets fitter and better built. He's like a flimsy hot air man outside service stations. Not to mention his lack of batting and I couldn't imagine his fielding to be any good.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Flakeman wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:23 pm
Yet he gets massacred on our club scene. Nothing to see there unless he gets fitter and better built. He's like a flimsy hot air man outside service stations. Not to mention his lack of batting and I couldn't imagine his fielding to be any good.
A lot of the times it's the punt you take with youngsters with some special ability (in this case, it could just be height, but still). If he is hitting 87 mph, if he is playing regularly under different conditions, getting exposed to different coaches along the way, who knows, he might pick up very important nuances. Let us hold the judgement till we see him in a full FC season locally before trashing his potential? He would have learnt more from his club scene times. If he hasn't, it will be clear when he plays more. If we remember, Jarvis too was taken directly into the national team no less, merely on potential. That way, this guy has only been drafted into the academy side, so a bit of less negativity is possible I guess?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Ngararva & Muzarabani are tall and fast and although they're a bit rough on the edges Streak will back himself to teach them consistency and fixes the things they need working on. You can't teach hight and pace .....

Waiting for Hhm to reply some rubbish about Streak being incapable of teaching them and the great Ntini will work his magic on them ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Definitely he needs to work on his game.. he was spraying it everywhere before he left.. I also do i agree that's he needs to hit the gym. A lot of people don't realize cricket needs proper athleticism as well. We will see how they perform when they come back.

We just really need to work on our fast bowling department. It's the Missing link in our squad right now. So anybody hitting the 140kph mark is exciting, as prematurely as the excitement might be sometimes. The likes of Tiripano will never trouble quality batsmen.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Flakeman wrote:
Couldn't imagine his fielding to be any good?

So you don't know then?

Your penchant for rubbishing every (black?) player even without all information is very worrying. I can't count how many times you have been proved wrong on this forum.

He's a bowler; is he required to be an all rounder?

At least Googly was well meaning and actually has some knowledge.

Yours are just snide and spiteful passing remarks its very clear you are opposed to the name Muzarabami rather than the player you clearly have never seen.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

He got 4 wickets against Lancashire seconds so ain't bad.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

I'm against sending these players to overseas academies for further refinement. Doesn't Zimbabwe have its own High Performance Centre where Chari and co went to last time?

Anyway, Zimbabwe domestic cricket must just have more fixtures and make sure everyone plays, particularly the internationals instead of them being on holiday. That way these young players will be tested eventually.

Makoni is in charge of development and cricket affairs at ZC, and he felt this stint in UK was beneficial and Taibu's presence there made it more convenient, but having considered this properly, I struggle to see how considering the standard of the competition most of these youngsters faced mostly, despite the odd decent side or two they faced.

They would have benefitted more from playing domestic cricket, and considering the off-season, focusing on countries like SCO, IRE, NED which Zimbabwe will tour over the next few years in order for them to be familiar with conditions there. Playing their A Teams, or club select sides would have been more beneficial.

In terms of cost-benefit, I expect Makoni to struggle justifying this to the board/parly if it's reviewed.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Conant wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:56 am
Flakeman wrote:
Couldn't imagine his fielding to be any good?

So you don't know then?

Your penchant for rubbishing every (black?) player even without all information is very worrying. I can't count how many times you have been proved wrong on this forum.

He's a bowler; is he required to be an all rounder?

At least Googly was well meaning and actually has some knowledge.

Yours are just snide and spiteful passing remarks its very clear you are opposed to the name Muzarabami rather than the player you clearly have never seen.
My dear friend, the fact that you think I'm being racist there is quite petty. You seem to forget we discuss Zimbabwean players, 99% of them are black, or am I missing something? I've seen him play many times, and his fielding didn't impress me, but it must be hard being that tall to be honest. I am just a very honest person, and I don't know where "I've been proven wrong countless times"? We discuss youngsters and I give my blunt opinion of them as I see almost all of them play quite often ! You need to grow up pal ! He is no great shakes at all ! That could change if he got stronger and trained with great coaches ! Until then, nothing to write home about. I'm sorry if that sounds racial to you ! Facts don't care about your feelings.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

watermelon here, this forum is like Zim society, don't agree with something - cry racism. These young black players seem above reproach with some - most of them are lucky to be considered professionals given the amount of time they spend at KFC.

-watermelon
<3 Jemisi rules <3