The Rising Stars

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: The Rising Stars

Post by TapsC »

Mashinge really might be a genuine all rounder.. hopefully he has more gas now. Remember he was bowling at about 130kph at the World Cup.. should be at least 5kph faster by now..

Watched the press conference with the ICC chairman and apparently we have been offered an academy to use free of charge in India and the first batch of players are going there in October. Makes me wonder when the guys will actually be part of our domestic setup. I think They need to play 5 domestic games so that they can get clubs in the UK next year. It must be very difficult being away from home for so long too but at the same time it's turning the young players into professionals at a very young age which is good. The ICC really is going all out for us

Funell

Post by Funell »

With some more practice and focus I think Mashinge could be a real star.
We recommend these testosterone boosters because they're very effective.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Zim Rising Stars‏ @ZimbabweAcademy · 19h19 hours ago
Wow! Direct hit from Blessing Muzarabani, fielding at backward point. Diving stop, picks up and throws the stumps down. MCC 103-5.
Great athleticism from the lad. Being at backward point proves he is a good fielder.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

tawac wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:05 am
Wow! Direct hit from Blessing Muzarabani, fielding at backward point. Diving stop, picks up and throws the stumps down. MCC 103-5.
Great athleticism from the lad. Being at backward point proves he is a good fielder.
So using that logic, PJ Moor being wicketkeeper, proves he is a good wicketkeeper?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:12 am
tawac wrote:
So using that logic, PJ Moor being wicketkeeper, proves he is a good wicketkeeper?
You have one hell of a chip on your shoulder who ever you are..
The guy's just saying he's a good fielder. Backward point normally suggests you're a half decent outfielder.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 am
Flakeman wrote:
tawac wrote:

The guy's just saying he's a good fielder. Backward point normally suggests you're a half decent outfielder.

Anyone who has played a bit of cricket knows were u wont want your better fielders.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 am
Flakeman wrote:
tawac wrote:

No chip, we had been debating it a few days ago, pal. No need to get valvy.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Flakeman wrote:
tawac wrote:
That's pretty bad comparison. Tawac has quoted the commentary of the ball and it looks like a really good effort by young Blessing. If a tall guy like him can field in the backward point, it's a massive plus! And you are not really considering the potential efforts he might be putting in and improvements he is getting since he is on this tour. As I said earlier, passing distasteful comments on these guys before we even witness a full domestic season of them is really not on.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

That's where u seem to forget, I watched him play almost every game last season. I wish him nothing but the best ! I'm on the ground unlike half of you passing comments on his ability.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Flakeman wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 am
That's where u seem to forget, I watched him play almost every game last season. I wish him nothing but the best ! I'm on the ground unlike half of you passing comments on his ability.
To be honest this is a fair comment, we're all getting excited because we hear Blessing is tall and fast but how many have actually watched him play?

One piece of commentary doesn't mean he's a good fielder, even a bad fielder can do a piece of good fielding.

I'll hold my judgement till I see him play Flakeman doesn't seem to rate any of our young fast bowlers apart from Diplock so I get the feeling you're a hard marker. Either way I'm excited to see how Blessing progresses .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement