The Rising Stars

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: The Rising Stars

Post by Mueddie28 »

watermelon wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 pm
watermelon here, this forum is like Zim society, don't agree with something - cry racism. These young black players seem above reproach with some - most of them are lucky to be considered professionals given the amount of time they spend at KFC.

-watermelon
I agree with Watermelon
Instead of crying racism why not make a valuable argument using 2 subjects with similar game time, age and stats...

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Flakeman wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:23 pm
Nothing to see there unless he gets fitter and better built. He's like a flimsy hot air man outside service stations. Not to mention his lack of batting and I couldn't imagine his fielding to be any good.
He is a fast bowler why should we even consider his batting? If he is cutting a few boundaries down at 3rd man, job done. Fitness and built is a none issue its something that can be worked on. Its unlike the colour of his skin no one is crying about that. He is one to be invested in. Surely he warrants a trip to the high performance centre in Australia and hope he comes good.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

tawac wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:50 am
Flakeman wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:23 pm
Nothing to see there unless he gets fitter and better built. He's like a flimsy hot air man outside service stations. Not to mention his lack of batting and I couldn't imagine his fielding to be any good.
He is a fast bowler why should we even consider his batting? If he is cutting a few boundaries down at 3rd man, job done. Fitness and built is a none issue its something that can be worked on. Its unlike the colour of his skin no one is crying about that. He is one to be invested in. Surely he warrants a trip to the high performance centre in Australia and hope he comes good.
Actually, they were crying about the colour of his skin [mod edit]. That's why I addressed that, read up. Well his fitness and build IS an issue as it's currently stopping him from progressing into a really good bowler. At the moment, or when I last saw him, he was getting smoked at club level and did not have any clue where to put the ball. And unfortunately cricket is a 3 part game, you can't just bowl, never practice batting and hope the ball never comes to you in the field. I refer to Ngarava who's fielding is absolutely shocking, and can't hold a bat. These things must be all worked on.
Last edited by maehara on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal comments

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm
Instead of crying racism why not make a valuable argument using 2 subjects with similar game time, age and stats...
Stats are irrelevant here. Against all common sense and stats Raza and Craig will be part of the XI in the next T20I for Zimbabwe, while Chisoro and Madziva are ignored. Malcolm Waller will again bat too low, get a quickfire 36 not out. There is no question Jongwe was the standout u19 but the absence of players he both outbowled and outbatted will be decried more. Same with Mavhuta now I think. Fans will often be guided by preferences so that's tolerable. What is not are coaches and selectors.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

I see this thread didn't take long to deteriorate into namecalling again. Offending posts deleted & users warned.
If I have to delete any more from here, I'll be banning the offenders.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 am
Mueddie28 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm
Stats are irrelevant here. Against all common sense and stats Raza and Craig will be part of the XI in the next T20I for Zimbabwe, while Chisoro and Madziva are ignored. Malcolm Waller will again bat too low, get a quickfire 36 not out. There is no question Jongwe was the standout u19 but the absence of players he both outbowled and outbatted will be decried more. Same with Mavhuta now I think. Fans will often be guided by preferences so that's tolerable. What is not are coaches and selectors.
Craig Ervine was dropped for the last few t20 series wasn't he?

Jongwe was in the side but was dropped for misbehaving and Chisoro is in the same boat. Just as Sean Williams was disciplined in 2014 so should these guys. For them to return they need to produce in the Logan Cup not for their heroics at a under 19 World Cup 5 years ago ......

Plus Jongwe is trying to move to Australia if you bothered to read other members posts you would know this ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

"At least Googly was well meaning and actually has some knowledge"

I'm not dead, why the past tense?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

:)

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Googly wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:00 pm
"At least Googly was well meaning and actually has some knowledge"

I'm not dead, why the past tense?
:lol:

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

So latest game Zimbabwe vs MCC

Zim score 301-8 with Ryan burl scoring 114

MCC 103-7 currently. Rugaire magira getting 4 wickets with his spin. Blessing muzarabani and mashinge chipping in with one each this far