Was Kevin Curran overrated?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Was Kevin Curran overrated?

Post by Conant »

Jemisi wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:04 am
In what context?

In the space where people talk about an obviously quality player who is a popular reference point during discussions about past greats when in fact he probably doesn't quite match his peers?

Or in the space where Chari and Maruma are hailed?
:D :D :D

Gold.

Kevin Curran was a not a very good coach and not very bright either in my opinion.

By why for goodness sake would you even bother opening a thread on his merits as a good or average player, as if we ever debate him here on this forum?

But a First Class batting average of 36 (bowling 27) and an ODI batting average of 44 in 11 matches is not too bad me thinks.

Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Tom91 »

Hhm can you lay off the white bashing for just one day. Getting sick and tired of coming on here and seeing your blatant racist bullshit. Can't wait to see the day when your racist arse gets kicked off this forum again.

pariah

Post by pariah »

First of all, if Butcher can drag a whole late Kevin Curran in a book that he sells, I certainly don't see anything disrespectful or wrong in me discussing him as if it disturbs his peace.

Secondly, I think I'm the one who's mentioned Kevin Curran the most in this forum, 99% of it in a positive light! Some people either came after or are ignorant of this fact, so are jumping to conclusions.

Lastly, Kevin Curran is often used as a reference in certain instances but nowhere in this forum are his cricket accomplishments genuinely and properly discussed. All the more reason why I asked if he was overrated. In essence he is the subject of informal fallacies at the end of the day, and I am equally guilty of this too. Perhaps next time someone mentions Kevin Curran there will be context attached to it.

Accusations are being hurled based on assumptions - which is wrong. Very wrong considering there's nothing negative in the OP.
Tomorrow if I want to discuss Trevor Madondo's potential I will do the same and have done so a number of times. If one is not sure what to say to contribute then you simply ignore a thread in its entirety. The impression I'm getting is people are attempting to acknowledge that he was indeed overrated but creating drama to avoid stating it explicitly. Since when does an adult mind seek guidance on how to think and how on earth are Maruma and Chari connected to this sarcastically or otherwise? It's foolhardy to even mention Chari just 25 years old when his career is only just starting, or a recently turned 29 Timecyn for that matter.

NB: For the final time, stop using the word racist/racism loosely. That's a very loaded term. In my entire existence on this forum I have never EVER uttered a single racist word, sentence or philosophy generally perceived to be racist. Not one! I on the other hand have read several racist words, phrases, sentences and philosophies that are widely considered racist on this very forum numerous times througout the archives to this day. If you genuinely feel I have, I encourage you to PM any of the admins - and if they forward to me JUST ONE of your exhibits that they too share, then I will never come to this forum ever again. Don't hurl accusations on this thread or any other thread, particularly if your comment to that effect is missing in instances where it would have genuinely applied, and trust me there have been plenty several. Tom, I don't really know what you mean by "bashing", but if you can kindly share two or three posts from unique members of this forum in relation to whatever cricketer, that are examples of bashing then maybe I'll be more enlightened as to what I'm doing similarly of differently. As it is your rebuke leaves me none the wiser.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:54 am
Accusations are being hurled based on assumptions - which is wrong. Very wrong considering there's nothing negative in the OP.
Right, that made me wonder about one of the cutting edge technology pieces that we see these days - "sentiment analysis". Wanted to see what one of the most well known online sentiment analysis APIs say about the original post.

So here goes: Posted the title and the whole of the initial post into the text box for analysis here (one can of course recreate the experiment): http://apidemo.theysay.io/

Ran the tool, and here are some of the results. One can decide to either consider or not consider the efficiency and accuracy of the tool in analyzing the sentiment of the original post as against what is quoted above. Leaving it to the consumption here :)

Overall sentiment breakup:
Screenshot from 2017-08-06 21-31-13.jpg
Screenshot from 2017-08-06 21-31-13.jpg (60.55 KiB) Viewed 2815 times

Per sentence sentiment breakup:
Screenshot from 2017-08-06 21-31-23.jpg
Screenshot from 2017-08-06 21-31-23.jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 2815 times

Level of speculation involved ( :) )
Screenshot from 2017-08-06 21-31-58.jpg
Screenshot from 2017-08-06 21-31-58.jpg (76.01 KiB) Viewed 2815 times

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

watermelon here to solve this issue. There is much racism evident in the way pariah has been attacked on this forum - if he had questioned Madondo there would be no charges of racism. If he wants to question Curran's credentials he is allowed to do so, no one is above reproach, except for maybe Piet Rinke.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

watermelon wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:48 pm
If he wants to question Curran's credentials he is allowed to do so
Wasn't aware I'd died and made you Moderator. Leave the pronouncements of what post(er)s are allowed / not allowed to do to me & BRMT.

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

maehara wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:12 am
watermelon wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:48 pm
If he wants to question Curran's credentials he is allowed to do so
Wasn't aware I'd died and made you Moderator. Leave the pronouncements of what post(er)s are allowed / not allowed to do to me & BRMT.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Classic :lol:

Hey Watermelon, did you really steal a dog for your daughter? :lol: