Transfer From Under 19s to National Team

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Transfer From Under 19s to National Team

Post by PSR »

Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 am
Great to see Murray, Bavuta made into Zim Squad.

Ives, Snyder were more talented then these two
Seriously? I thought Murray was the most talented of the lot!!?..Does he play spin well though? Does anyone know?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Murray is a fantastic keeper, plays spin well, a bit iffy against the short ball, needs to work on front foot offside, good off his pads. Mavuta is decent. It’s the other way round.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Snyder looked like a beefy hitter up top and Ives looked more like a touch player.

Glad we're looking to the future though. Dropping players of Sean Williams calibre and experience, to me, isn't a smart move. But having said that, I'm stoked to see a genuine wicket keeper hopefully making the side who we can rely on. And Mavuta is a very good leg spinner and an excellent skipper. Saw him at Dukinfield last summer, looks effortless.

Musakanda, Burl, Mavuta, Murray, the lanky Muzarabani....all this talent is slowly dripping through to the national side. Additionally, I'm glad our selectors are picking off potential, not just stats. They've clearly picked Ryan Murray because they (hopefully) see him as our main wicket keeper going forward.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

2004 and 2006 are obvious ones. What is worrying is the number of players who have actually pushed on from being promoted to the first team, and the number of players we are promoting since 2008.

It suggests two things to me. No clear pathway for younger players to get in to the first team, hence why they leave, and also no proper coaching structures for those who come through and might not perform so well straight away.