2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:15 pm
pariah wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm
But Heath Streak's stupidity can't be used to judge Zimbabwe's FC structure or the quality of its batsmen. That's unfair. It must be used to judge only him, and the current selectors.
I really don't get it. We have Streak and Ntini as coaches but we have a snip heavy attack. Usually by now we should have some one being line up to beef up our bowling stocks. Shingi's inclusion in the A side proves that its difficult to continue to ignore his efforts. If we are pointing figures than its hard to ignore Taibu's contribution in all this. And to add to that Panyangarara, Shingi would be in his close circles could he just blindly turn his back to them?
Such thinking is not new from Heath Streak. It's never been his strong point.

This is the same guy who as captain took Dirk Viljoen to India, and the same guy who took Gavin Ewing to Australia. No way they were good enough as bowling options in those conditions/circumstances, plus Grant Flower was already there as a struggling batsman and spinner. No prizes for guessing which captain Doug Marillier made his debut under, plus where he batted. The same thing is happening to Zimbabwe Cricket right now.

Clearly Streak loves these bit-part spinners. Probably explains why Greg lamb played a Test for Zimbabwe.

It becomes a very bad combination when you add Taibu in because he lied in court about beating a ZC official, and refused to play for Zimbabwe because his kit was lost(?) and he didn't want to use anything else. :lol: But Taibu is too far away from the action for fingers to be pointed at him a lot. Streak is pulling all the strings. Cremer being the captain makes things worse. Klusener was a disaster over here as coach as destroyed everything Graham Ford left for him until he had to be sacked in the end.

In my view, between the coaches and the captain, Ntini is the smartest of that lot trust me.

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:54 pm
Shingi castles the centurion. :W: not bad for his cause.
This is how he was used:
5 - up front
5 - 39th over
3 - 58th over
4 - 82nd over

Chamu had to bring him back for the 2nd new ball, but whether fitness considerations, easing a bowler in etc, anything less than 20 overs for your chief bowler is crazy! Bring back Keith Dabengwa as captain for these things. After all, he's the kind of player Streak likes clearly. Besides, he was his captain at Tuskers alongside Duffin and Ewing.

pariah

Post by pariah »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1391 ... t-Academy-

Not too long ago, Zimbabwe unconsciously and understandably used to think certain "seniors" (Vermeulen, Matsi, Hami, Taylor, Vusi, Taibu, Williams etc) were too good to play against the likes of Khurram Manzoor, Fawad Alam, Shehzad, Shafiq, Yasir Shah, Amir, Imad Wasim and Junaid Khan.

Under the new order, the likes of Chakabva, Chamu and Shingi (who played against those same top young Pakistan guys during the tour back then) are today not even being against seasoned guys like Ontong, Magala, Walters and Siboto. They are consciously and foolishly being played against college and varsity students!

Someone, somewhere, somehow at ZC needs to be fired seriously. Crazy things are happening there.

Does excluding a PJ Moor mean "PJ you've been dropped, or is it a case of "Regis you failed against young Franchise Reserve players, so you're out"? Even if that's not eve the case, what point or lessons are they trying to make or get by selecting those guys?

If Shingi, Chamu and Regis are playing against these guys, then Chisoro, Madziva and Jongwe should have no hope of even thinking about representing Zimbabwe again. May as well migrate to Australia in numbers!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Shingi is definitely a guy who always seemed to get dropped or over looked despite good performances. But pretty much every coach has done this to him.

Mongongo over looked him for Tiripano for the South Africa Test

Whatmore never picked him

Waller dropped him for the India ODI series and the 2nd Pakistan test, although it seemed like an odd decision at the time it ended up being a master stroke by Andy Waller as Vitori took 6 wickets ......

Shingi debuted under Butcher and Streak but was left out of the West Indies tour .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene

Post by eugene »

Doug Marillier was an opener in his debut ODI series and did quite well - I though pariah wanted white guys opening the batting?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:43 pm
If Shingi, Chamu and Regis are playing against these guys, then Chisoro, Madziva and Jongwe should have no hope of even thinking about representing Zimbabwe again. May as well migrate to Australia in numbers!
Surely we haven't swept these chaps aside because they should form the core of the team when the current players step aside. They have the experience and have been around for long enough. To add to that they have even won us a few games. Chisoro should already be part of the team proper. Madziva should be a pick for the short format stuff as well. Jongwe should lay off the booze but then again that never stopped Taylor from being picked.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Seamers doing ok

Shingi has 3

Rhino has 2

Waller 2

The Spinner Ndlovu has struggled 1 wicket for 130 odd at over 3.5 an over ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 am
Doug Marillier was an opener in his debut ODI series and did quite well - I though pariah wanted white guys opening the batting?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tawac

Post by tawac »

Kaia strikes with his first bowl. Chopping and changing things does work sometimes. We need to wrap up these innings and hope our batsmen can put the work in.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Cometh the man cometh the hour or is it the other way around. Double strike. Have we unearth a new golden arm? You never know? Why didn't Chamu bring him on earlier?