2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by jaybro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 am

In a perfect world we'd like to see guys like Chari and Kasuza averaging 35 + and scoring more 100's but we have to make do what we have. Kasuza and Chari definitely in the conversation for the Windies Tests ......
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by Kriterion_BD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:53 am

jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 am
In a perfect world we'd like to see guys like Chari and Kasuza averaging 35 + and scoring more 100's but we have to make do what we have. Kasuza and Chari definitely in the conversation for the Windies Tests ......
Chari averages 35+ I'm sure in all the A team games he's played in the past year or so. I think he could be moulded into a decent opener similar to a Mawoyo.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
The Robot
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:17 pm
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by The Robot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:10 am

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:53 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 am
In a perfect world we'd like to see guys like Chari and Kasuza averaging 35 + and scoring more 100's but we have to make do what we have. Kasuza and Chari definitely in the conversation for the Windies Tests ......
Chari averages 35+ I'm sure in all the A team games he's played in the past year or so. I think he could be moulded into a decent opener similar to a Mawoyo.
Chari can do this, do that type of a batsman, but when he bats at the international arena, he seems a tailender with no clue.

Kasuza is a good option, done well in domestic cricket.

South Africa won on both occasion against Zimbabwe A by sending their A teams and Babies Emerging Team, now they will sent their under 19s/ under 17s who can still beat useless Zimbabwe A.
Try Hard !!!! Make Fun :D

pariah
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by pariah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:50 am

TapsC wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:41 pm
Kasuza batted almost 40 overs today to score 82.. exactly what was needed in that situation. Good to see.. definitely a couple of guys showing they have what it takes.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:48 pm
Kasuza really stepped up to save this game....But Kasuza grabbed his chance Id say.

Id like to see Chari ahead of Chibabha because he is young and has the fight like Mawoyo.
\You have no idea just how proud I am of Kasuza.

This boy has been around the domestic circuit and done extremely well but at the wrong times.

233 balls to score 82 and draw a Test match against quite a decent attack!!!

I'm in tears! Literally!

User avatar
CrimsonAvenger
Posts: 7759
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 am
Supports: Mountaineers
Location: India

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by CrimsonAvenger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 am

Massive rear guard effort this by Kasuza! He would have been the guy anyone least expected to play for time in this line up, but really strong effort in the end. He did have a decent domestic season too in the last season, but was overshadowed by Innocent Kaia in his own team. Hope this is sign of things to come. A Mutare boy coming through will also help develop more interest in cricket in that region...

pariah
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by pariah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 am

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 am
Massive rear guard effort this by Kasuza! He would have been the guy anyone least expected to play for time in this line up, but really strong effort in the end. He did have a decent domestic season too in the last season, but was overshadowed by Innocent Kaia in his own team. Hope this is sign of things to come. A Mutare boy coming through will also help develop more interest in cricket in that region...
+1

Now wait for the "he weighs 270 pounds" naysayers...

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by Kriterion_BD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 am

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 am
Massive rear guard effort this by Kasuza! He would have been the guy anyone least expected to play for time in this line up, but really strong effort in the end. He did have a decent domestic season too in the last season, but was overshadowed by Innocent Kaia in his own team. Hope this is sign of things to come. A Mutare boy coming through will also help develop more interest in cricket in that region...
+1

Now wait for the "he weighs 270 pounds" naysayers...
he seriously weighs that much? Even if he is 7 feet tall, that is a lot of heft.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

pariah
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by pariah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 am

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 am
pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 am
Massive rear guard effort this by Kasuza! He would have been the guy anyone least expected to play for time in this line up, but really strong effort in the end. He did have a decent domestic season too in the last season, but was overshadowed by Innocent Kaia in his own team. Hope this is sign of things to come. A Mutare boy coming through will also help develop more interest in cricket in that region...
+1

Now wait for the "he weighs 270 pounds" naysayers...
he seriously weighs that much? Even if he is 7 feet tall, that is a lot of heft.
I seriously don;t know what's happening with Zimbabwe cricket and its fans. Maybe I should dedicate one holiday to ZImbabwe. I could easily debunk a lot of the stories they throw up on this platform. It's crazy!

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:33 am

1.
Pariah he didn't draw a 'test'. This was a black 11 from South Africa friendly sorta thing.

2.
This was a good effort from Kevin. He's someone I feel has the nuts and bolts of a good player but never kicked on. Like Chibhaba in different ways. He carved up as a teen.

3.
The weight is an issue. I personally just lost 9 kilos (20 something pounds) in 6 weeks on a strict diet. If I can, why can't he?
If he REALLY wants to make a fist of it then he should lose some. It's not hard for an athlete to shed kilos if they poly themselves. I do weights once a week and three other high intensity classes only. He's a young male. He could drop 30 pounds in a Month. In zim you don't also have the temptation of McDonald's and such
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: 2nd Unofficial Test : Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa Emerging Side

Post by Kriterion_BD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 am

Kasuza doesn't look 270 in this pic:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 4;dir=next

He's no Hardik Pandya, but he doesn't look any less fit than a Hamilton Masakadza or a Brendan Taylor.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests