Heath Streak's Bulawayo Firm land to be one of the venues of the qualifiers 2018 ?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Heath Streak's Bulawayo Firm land to be one of the venues of the qualifiers 2018 ?

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe recently won the bid to host 2018 ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018. All thoughts are now on venues. Zimbabwe has got Queens & HSC as the international cricket approved ground. Beside, that Kwekwe and Mutare are venues for domestic cricket. All these four with Heath Streak's firm land is being thought as the venues for the qualifiers 2018.

In 2016 visting New Zealand Team and Sri Lankan team had practice session in Heath Streak's Firm Land in Bulawayo and both Kiwis and Lankans expressed their good thoughts on this land, and said its in good ckndition to host some games. Hope with their assent, ZC might consider this land for some games of the qualifiers 2018 as supporters in Bulawayo gets less chance to view International Cricket, large gathering for a global event might eye some profit for ZC
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Heath Streak's Bulawayo Firm land to be one of the venues of the qualifiers 2018 ?

Post by pariah »

The Robot wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:07 am
All these four with Heath Streak's firm land is being thought as the venues for the qualifiers 2018.

...practice session in Heath Streak's Firm Land in Bulawayo ..in good ckndition to host some games. Hope with their assent, ZC might consider this land for some games of the qualifiers 2018...
I knew it. Too much around ZC doesn't make sense. :lol:

Something is definitely stinking, and I hope it flares up in 2017, or early 2018.

There was a time in SA (football) when strange friendlies were taking place, weird development matches, needless hosting of low profile tournaments etc.

I think someone needs to look into the weakest links - Matsi and Taibu.

Think about it:
1.Despite all the changes, Makoni still retained the most powerful post, and his dept has been spending big (Rising Stars - buddies Taibu and Matsi coaches, ZIM A/XI etc). More is being spent on these things than on the actual domestic cricket structure(FC, ListA and T20). Smaller and easier to abuse.
2.Certain seniors are involved in selection for matches they are overqualified for (must be paying commissions to coach?)
3.Some players are not being dropped no matter what form the national team
4.Mangongo and Utseya must be on top dollar for the u19s, as well as Hondo for the A team
5.ICC still pays Bvute and Chingoka big interest fees for that bank loan (NO ONE has reported that ICC paid it off ;) so ZC could have low interest)
6.Kit, attire etc someone was a "broker"

Maybe cetain players got central contracts, while those sidelined continue to cash in otherwise. Sort of a win-all. Which is why even undeserved players (Raza, Malcolm, Chamu were not culled from contracts).

Now Mukhuhlani fightning so hard to host a tournament ZC does not need, and spend with a view of playing elsewhere, sure this guy stands to milk something somewhere somehow.

Trust me on thi. Start asking questions. :D

Googly

Re: Heath Streak's Bulawayo Firm land to be one of the venues of the qualifiers 2018 ?

Post by Googly »

I'd love to know how much this Rising Stars English tour is costing ZC. I get that there's some sponsorship, but I'm willing to bet that there's been some nefarious business surrounding all of this. Having said that as long as the players have benefitted then it's not all bad. I just have this pathological hatred of the administrators lining their pockets. Absolutely nothing is done without an ulterior motive in ZC.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

The Robot wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:07 am
Zimbabwe recently won the bid to host 2018 ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018. All thoughts are now on venues. Zimbabwe has got Queens & HSC as the international cricket approved ground. Beside, that Kwekwe and Mutare are venues for domestic cricket. All these four with Heath Streak's firm land is being thought as the venues for the qualifiers 2018.

In 2016 visting New Zealand Team and Sri Lankan team had practice session in Heath Streak's Firm Land in Bulawayo and both Kiwis and Lankans expressed their good thoughts on this land, and said its in good ckndition to host some games. Hope with their assent, ZC might consider this land for some games of the qualifiers 2018 as supporters in Bulawayo gets less chance to view International Cricket, large gathering for a global event might eye some profit for ZC
Interesting news