Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by tawac »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm
Wow these baby proteas must have some real gas. Don't think I have ever seen that many Zim players clean bowled in the space of 2 weeks. Got a feeling our rising stars could have put up a better fight than this
Well regardless Timycen has them fetching 3 6s and a 4. Yeah have to agree with Pariah on this one. Its a waste not having him in the short format stuff for Zim. He is well past A team level.
Last edited by tawac on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I never said either of those comments.

You're having a cry about Williams averaging 26 since the World Cup ( or what ever convenient land mark you chose ) whilst Maruma averages 22 in list A cricket :lol: :lol: :lol:

See the point I was making in the other thread about dropping Williams is that there isn't anyone else who is doing a better job with bat and ball !!! And when Williams dropped back to List A cricket his performance were better than any other possible replacement, un-like Madziva Sean Williams actually performed very well for the A side. Now if Williams who has been playing international cricket for over 10 years can 'get himself up' for an A Team fixture surely fringe players like Madziva, Wellington and Chisoro can ??

You really have no idea do you Hhm??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 pm
TapsC wrote:
Wow these baby proteas must have some real gas. Don't think I have ever seen that many Zim players clean bowled in the space of 2 weeks. Got a feeling our rising stars could have put up a better fight than this
Well regardless Timycen has them fetching 3 6s and a 4. Yeah have to agree with Pariah on this one. Its a waste not having him in the short format stuff for Zim. He is well past A team level.
Cmon man the bloke averages 8 in ODI's and 22 in List A cricket :lol:

Who's spot are you giving to Maruma?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
If I lazily step into any varsity's nets for a hit I get off as soon as the spinners' turn ends. Evry one of them wants to be better than Rabada! :lol:

They would have put up a better fight because they would've been motivated. Some of these SA Emerging boys are fast, but I mean a guy like Chamu has driven guys like Wahab Riaz, Ntini, Mustafizur, Mohammad Irfan, Jerome Taylor and Wayne Parnell, all in the mid 140s-150kph with great ease.

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
After Kieth Dabengwa, Timmy Maruma is Zimbabwe's Misbah ul Haq now. :lol:

They sure know how to hit sixes effortlessly, without putting their back into it like a Vitori, Mire or Moor.

118 runs of 19 overs. Maruma and Moor moving along nicely, but I think one of them needs to hold back. It only takes one good fast yorker. :D

tawac

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm
tawac wrote:
TapsC wrote:
Cmon man the bloke averages 8 in ODI's and 22 in List A cricket :lol:

Who's spot are you giving to Maruma?
Well, you have to doctor those stats don't you. He is in great nick regardless of what his stats say. He fits in that Waller role. So that might just keep him out of the team but he should be putting pressure on that mid-lower order. At list they have some completion.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Time to try young fast bowlers like Daniel Jakiel, Kyle Bowie and speed sensation Mark Olonga.
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Maruma gone for 45. Well played.

Moor still there, but just 7 runs from his score of 47 has come from singles. He's faced 38 balls, just 7 singles. That's been his problem in international cricket.

Someone said he's the new Charles Coventry (of course Charles was never like that at 13/14 by the way :D ), but that view was spot on. He needs to learn how to score off singles or his game won't improve.

tawac

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 pm
Maruma gone for 45. Well played.

Moor still there, but just 7 runs from his score of 47 has come from singles. He's faced 38 balls, just 7 singles. That's been his problem in international cricket.

Someone said he's the new Charles Coventry (of course Charles was never like that at 13/14 by the way :D ), but that view was spot on. He needs to learn how to score off singles or his game won't improve.
And Moor perishes on 75 just going for one to many I think. Last batting pair at the crease and some "allrounders" to come. Can we make a match out of this? A few more nasty blows like that we could be in business.

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 pm
And Moor perishes on 75 just going for one to many I think. Last batting pair at the crease and some "allrounders" to come. Can we make a match out of this? A few more nasty blows like that we could be in business.
They've really made a fist of it. More so with Chamu and Chari barely contributing.

I think based on some of their top A team performances in the past, it was great to see Mutombodzi and Maruma step up at least.

But once again very encouraging to see Kasuza go from a good domestic season, and he's doing the business in the 4-day and 1-day matches of this Series. Very pleased for him. I think this move to the middle order for him was calculated. He's seen that Zim has a weakness in that area and the competition for spots there is really hotting up.

Going back to Mutombodzi, while Kasuza has been denied the chance, he's one of the guys who hasn't lived up to his potential. He looks the busy player, one who runs well between the wickets and keeps the scoreboard ticking.

As much as I think of Misbah when I talk abot certain players, Mutombodzi is another Callum Ferguson(AUS). Great potential is middle order players, but somehow something is missing. Whatever the case might be, it seems he might have to work on his bowlign in order to be an option. Even Innocent Kaia seems to have picked up on that one. :lol: