Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Matches being played on 16th, 18th and 20th, all at HSC.

jimbo

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by jimbo »

Interestingly Jaure and mavuta have been included in this match as well as madziva

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Great to see Madziwa back in the mix.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Zim A 72 for no lose after 14 overs.

Starting 11 : Chibhabha, Chari, I Kaia, Moor (c), Kasuza, Sauramba, Maruma, Madziva, Mavuta, Jaure, Ndlovu

Bowling looks rather weak. Will be interesting to see how they go.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

After a good opening stand of 98runs Zim A have a customary collapse and are now 126/4 of 29 overs wonder if we can come back from this.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Match Link
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1794 ... n-zim-2017
tawac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 am
After a good opening stand of 98runs Zim A have a customary collapse and are now 126/4 of 29 overs wonder if we can come back from this.
That's pretty disastrous.

But never lose hope when Timecyn "Misbah ul Haq" Maruma is still there. He loves to go big, especially against spinners. :D

I wonder if the bowling attack that's one man short means Chari, Kaia and Maruma will do quite a lot of bowling. Surely Maruma's leg spin should still be more than good enough to bamboozle emerging players. No?

Why was Moor picked ahead of Kunje? Same question could be asked of Chibhabha. Kasuza batting as low as 5??? Anyway...144/4 after 33 overs

tawac

Post by tawac »

Pretorious cleans up the tail. Outstanding from Maruma played a M. Waller innings to make the total a bit reasonable. He should definitely be in the short format setup. Is Jaure a bowler?? How does he get into the A team?

tawac

Post by tawac »

There is nothing more pleasing in cricket than when you see a captain backing himself to do a job and delivering. Chibhabha took matters into his own hands. Went for runs in the first over but kept himself on and got the break through. But the saffers seem intend on chasing the total in quick time. The Zim bowlers going for plenty of runs.

tawac

Post by tawac »

tawac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:50 pm
There is nothing more pleasing in cricket than when you see a captain backing himself to do a job and delivering. Chibhabha took matters into his own hands. Went for runs in the first over but kept himself on and got the break through. But the saffers seem intend on chasing the total in quick time. The Zim bowlers going for plenty of runs.
Moor is the captain of the side today. Good day call. Seems as it Sauramba who is keeping wicket today.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Absolute hammering in the end. What sort of a bowling "attack" was that? On what performance basis is Sauramba in the side? Moor should now clearly be out of the playing XI of the national team with the kind of horror white ball record he has.

If Taylor does not come back, we are cooked as far as limited over keeping position is concerned. May be we can just have Malcolm Waller keep if Taylor does not come back. Better for the balance of the side too.