Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by pariah »

63 runs required from 9 overs.

Equation is to get 7 runs per over with 5 wickets in hand.

Oops...EDIT...Nathan Waller gone, and at one point he had an even bigger reputation that PJ Moor of hitting it far. Would've been very handy in this chase.

Madziva has has been involved in a great match win chasing for Zim. Can he and Mutombodzi do it?

Only Mavuta left to come really.

pariah

Post by pariah »

One over done. Lost a wicket for 4 runs. 10 required from the next.

pariah

Post by pariah »

54 from 42 balls. Will the SA-EME captain bring on the fast bowlers or continue with the spinner?

pariah

Post by pariah »

Madziva gone. :(

Surely SA-EME opening with a Slow Left Arm spinner was no coincidence.

Who's leaking secrets about Zimbabwean batsmen?

EDIT: No spinner at 1st and 2nd change in the previous game. Surely using him, plus as an opener is suspicious. :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Mutombodzi gone for 63. Very well played. But really should have been there in the end win or lose.

All over? 32 requied from 24 balls with 2 wickets in hand

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

They put up a fight this time. Remember Dean Jones saying during the Sri Lanka tour that for you to chase down big targets like this you need one of your top 4 to get a big score so from that perspective Chamu and Chari really let the team down.

This team is clearly better than us and also India walloping Sri Lanka really put things in perspective for me. We still have a very long way to go. Sri Lanka the West Indies Bangladesh Afghanistan and ireland are the teams we stand a chance against. India Australia South Africa England and New Zealand are way ahead. I'm not too sure how we would fare against Pakistan. That's how they should split the test league if there ever is going to be one with a promotion and relegation opportunity

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 pm
jaybro wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm
tawac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Well regardless Timycen has them fetching 3 6s and a 4. Yeah have to agree with Pariah on this one. Its a waste not having him in the short format stuff for Zim. He is well past A team level.
Cmon man the bloke averages 8 in ODI's and 22 in List A cricket :lol:

Who's spot are you giving to Maruma?
Well, you have to doctor those stats don't you. He is in great nick regardless of what his stats say. He fits in that Waller role. So that might just keep him out of the team but he should be putting pressure on that mid-lower order. At list they have some completion.
Doctoring :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah man just go to his cricinfo page stats are there to see

I'll leave the doctoring up to Hhm :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/235524.html
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Good chase by the boys especially Moor, Kasuza & Mutombodzi. Maruma did get the innings going so I'll give him some credit there.

Good to see Moor get some runs he's clearly got the talent just needs to start producing. Interesting that he hit so many boundaries in his innings as pointed out by Hhm he needs to work on rotating the strike. This is most likely the reason he's done well in Tests but not so well in OdI's because he's really a boundary or nothing player.

Mutombodzi is another guy Zimbabwe need to kick on, when Williams, Raza and Waller go he's the perfect replacement for the ODI side. Good batsman who can clear the ropes, useful spinner & great fielder. Much like Moor he has the talent but needs to start producing.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Excellent counter attack by Moor, Kasuza, Maruma and Mutombodzi. When Kasuza and Mutombodzi were playing, they were rotating the strike and clearing the boundary with ease. I was just hoping Kasuza would guide us home with a big hundred, which would have massively helped his cause for national selection. May he grow from strength to strength.

Bit late, but nonetheless, #KasuzaMania !

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:10 pm
TapsC wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm
Wow these baby proteas must have some real gas. Don't think I have ever seen that many Zim players clean bowled in the space of 2 weeks. Got a feeling our rising stars could have put up a better fight than this
If I lazily step into any varsity's nets for a hit I get off as soon as the spinners' turn ends. Evry one of them wants to be better than Rabada! :lol:

They would have put up a better fight because they would've been motivated. Some of these SA Emerging boys are fast, but I mean a guy like Chamu has driven guys like Wahab Riaz, Ntini, Mustafizur, Mohammad Irfan, Jerome Taylor and Wayne Parnell, all in the mid 140s-150kph with great ease.
Mustafiz is not that quick. He was right around 140 kph but more recently has been around 132-135 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)