Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Series Thread: Zim A vs SA Emerging One Dayers

Post by Jemisi »

Mutizwa deserves a go as much as any of the keeping options unless BRMT comes back.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Zim A have their back against it bowling first today. Hope the bowlers give a better performance.
Mutombodzi, Nyauchi and Waller in
Jaure, Sauramba and Kaia out.
Mavuta, Mutombodzi, Waller, Madziva and being classed as allrounders. To some extend you would feel that's the problem with Zim Cricket. We just have bites and piece players.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am
Zim A have their back against it bowling first today. Hope the bowlers give a better performance.
Mutombodzi, Nyauchi and Waller in
Jaure, Sauramba and Kaia out.
Mavuta, Mutombodzi, Waller, Madziva and being classed as allrounders. To some extend you would feel that's the problem with Zim Cricket. We just have bites and piece players.
Yaseen Valli has had a shockingly poor series/tour by his standards. He was bound to come good at some point, so even if he gets a big ton today the bowlers shouldn't feel let down or surprised. Him and muthusamy (genuine allrounder) are not too far from the Proteas, unfortunately the Black-Indian quota balance will affect a few of them.

I don't think Nathan Waller and Chamu Chibhabha should be bowling earlier than 5th change if it can be avoided. Only Madziva, Nyauchi and Ndlovu comprise the attack today, with Mavuta too inexperienced for these SA Emerging guys. These guys net with Rabada, Viljoen, Ngidi etc 145kph-150kph. part-timers can't form the bulk of you attack against them.

But like you said, it's a Zim Cricket problem now and they need to sort it out fast. Ideally, if it must be pushed, this should have been the XI:
Kunje, Kaia, Burl, Kasuza(c), Musakanda, Gumbie(wk), Mavuta, Ngarava, Mumba, Musoko, Chikomba; - with Mashinge and Muzarabani give or take in place of some of them

To the likes of Chari, Wellington, Jongwe, Madziva, Chisoro who feel they have done enough to be in the national team they wouldn't have been inspired to turn up here. Even worse for the likes of Regis, Chamu and Shingi. It's an insult to them. Guys like Mutombodzi, Maruma, Mushangwe, Moor and Mutumbami wouldn't have been ideal too because you already know more or less where you stand with them. Plenty of the guys belong to the A Team proper. For instance, I wouldn't have been surprised if Jongwe got a hundred or a fifer in one of these 4Day/1Day matches in this Series, but it wouldn't have told us anything we don't know. Same applies to Wellington. So why must Jongwe and Wellington be picked to take up a spot Ngarava and Chikomba need? As it is we've learnt a lot about Ndlovu from these games. But what do you learn about Maruma? That he must be part of Zimbabwe's next ODI/T20 XI? Ahead of Vusi Sibanda?

I know arguments can be made as I said myself that some of these SA Emerging boys are near-Proteas level or SA-A level, but words or terms are powerful. Playing a game against Namibia or Canada or Sri Lanka A, is not the same as playing a game against SA Emerging, even though they might be stronger than those 3 sides. guys on the ground like Flakeman are very condescending towards "quota" talent in SA, so a lot of these biys might share that view and approach the games with the wrong mindset. Whereas guys like those in the XI I mentioned, would never do that. They have no international caps, and don't have plenty top performances as domestic and A team level for Zimbabwe to fall back on. In hindsight I would put Burl and Musakanda in there because they need all the game time they can get even though Musakanda has shown he has the goods. There are still questions for them.

So ZC seriously need to know how they want to deal with their talent in respect to:
National Team
A/XI Team
Emerging (Rising Starts?)

If they don't do that then it creates a problem. Finch won't approach an MCC macth against Afghanistan (full international side) with the same mindset he would if Australia A were facing South Africa A.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

70 runs in the last 5 0vers. 331 to chase tough ask for our batsmen.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

It's no secret I'm his number 1 fan but Madziva really hasn't taken his chances so far this series, although he's taken 3 wickets he's been very poor.

The argument he should be in the national team so he hasn't 'turned up' this series is one of the more stupid things I've ever heard tbh.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:03 pm
It's no secret I'm his number 1 fan but Madziva really hasn't taken his chances so far this series, although he's taken 3 wickets he's been very poor.

The argument he should be in the national team so he hasn't 'turned up' this series is one of the more stupid things I've ever heard tbh.
So the fact that Philander was average before injury, then played for South Africa A against Zimbabwe A but went wicketless, while Phehlukwayo got a fifer, mean Philander should have been dropped or "failed to take his chances" s should make way for Andile?

It's not the same depending on how you view your worth. Prince Masvaure did well because for him it was his chance so he was motivated and did extremely well then got selection.

Again you are attempting to argue a basic fact of life. Just as Philander can "flop" badly against Zimbabwe A, then rip through Australia or England the next day, likewise Chamu and Madziva can flop against Sa-Emerging, but get a big 50 and a four-fer against Bangladesh tomorrow!

AB de Villiers has a poor record against small teams. And what has he said about that? "I struggle to motivate myself against such opposition". What did Steyn say? "I don't see the purpose in my playing against such teams.

The likes of Maruma, Matsi, Craig and Dabengwa used to scroe heavily against A teams from Top 8 cricekt countries, whose personnel today comprises world top ten or top twenty bowlers or batsmen. Why? Because they weremotivated to deliver.

Maharaj was motivated to deliver and earn a permanet side. Piedt feels insulted to b erelegated without justification. Likewise Eddie Lieie would outbowl Imran Tahir tomorrow against India A. Mindset young man! Maybe that will tell you why Maxwell is junk for the AUS A team.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Again you can write a thousand words but the fact is Madziva hasn't been in the national ODI for over a year so he really needed to perform in this series ( still has a game to go and can redeem himself in future chances ).

You're comparing Madziva to ABDV, Steyn & Philander?? Cmon man he's played 12 ODI's he doesn't have 10 years of international cricket and reptutation to fall back on.

You will clearly twist and turn anything to project the outcome you like.

FACT Madziva hasn't been in the last 4 ODI series so he needed to perform in the A Team series against Pakistan, Afghanistan and South Africa. At this point he hasn't put his best foot forward much to my disappointment :|
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

South African Kids are hammering and tearing apart Zimbabwe A bowlers with international experience, clearly a sign of telling them " Zimbabwe domestic cricket infrastructure has become equivalent to Netherlands or PNG "

None of these failure Zimbabwe A players should get picked for national team, they have got far behind ordinary. The scenerio is clear, all talented players are in UK and useless are playing in Zimbabwe, these players have no hope, so they wants to call back Taylor, Jarvis and Ervine.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Wow these baby proteas must have some real gas. Don't think I have ever seen that many Zim players clean bowled in the space of 2 weeks. Got a feeling our rising stars could have put up a better fight than this

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:36 pm
Again you can write a thousand words but the fact is Madziva hasn't been in the national ODI for over a year so he really needed to perform in this series ( still has a game to go and can redeem himself in future chances ).

You're comparing Madziva to ABDV, Steyn & Philander?? Cmon man he's played 12 ODI's he doesn't have 10 years of international cricket and reptutation to fall back on.

You will clearly twist and turn anything to project the outcome you like.

FACT Madziva hasn't been in the last 4 ODI series so he needed to perform in the A Team series against Pakistan, Afghanistan and South Africa. At this point he hasn't put his best foot forward much to my disappointment :|
I agree with you jaybro

1. Timecyn Maruma must replace Sean Williams in the ODI side; and
2. Migael Pretorius is a better fast bowling prospect for South Africa than Lwandiswa Zuma