Zimbabwe Bowling Talent Stocks

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe Bowling Talent Stocks

Post by tawac »

Tough learning curve for Blessing hope he eont get dumped.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jarvis showing why he's our best fast bowler

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

tawac wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 pm
Tough learning curve for Blessing hope he eont get dumped.
Its only 5 overs. Thats nothing. Its like judging a batsman from just one innings of 20 balls faced. He can't be worse than Chinouya, Mpofu, Madziva, or Tiripano.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 pm
Jarvis showing why he's our best fast bowler
I did give you some inside info on the bats to look out for...
pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 pm
Wow, even the batting will be quite ruthless. Ricardo, du Plooy, Hamza and Smuts to go with Bavuma and AB. Yoh! CSA didn't respect ZIM enough to give them Valli, Muthusamy and Christensen like ZIM A and BD, but Bavuma and AB make up for it. Still top bats.
Jarvis got those he should've gotten, but Mpofu got the first real bat.

Mind you this batting line up significantly weaker than the one ZIM A faced, and the one BD faced in their FC match.

ZIM batted first so AB might still play despite his lower back issue, but as things stand, only Bavuma is there as the one batsman of genuine class, and he's going at a run a ball.

The key is for ZIM bowlers to exclude Bavuma's tally and see how they go against the rest of the batsmen. Not sure if SA Inv XI will throw in 9/10 batsmen like ZIM did :lol: (I take it out ZCF friends who always cry for proper XI v XI C tour games will stop that henceforth :lol: ). Anyway if ZIM bowlers do well against those batsmen then they haven't totally embarrassed themselves.

I don't think SA Inv XI were fair to ZIM by throwing in a nightwatchman, but clearly the likes of Ricardo, du Plooy and Smuts will value their wickets. less than 200 runs from those 3 will be a failure.

My theory is and continues to be that ZIm can;t afford to have both Jarvis and Chatara in the XI, especially one that has Cremer in it. These guys are used to express pace and great swing bowlers so I doubt the ZIM seamers will be a big challenge unless conditions help. So I hope Cremer will be that one that proves me wrong and says "ZIM can afford to have a limping Chatara and Jarvis because I won't leak any but prove destructive".

There can be no underestimating the psychological effects of being bossed by semi-pros. I know Kriterion will hide behind the internal troubles, but that tour match hurt BD badly. They were bossed by "lesser" players including two 19 year olds and a bunch of 20-21 year olds. It will be the same for ZIM. To me this is already a very embarrassing performance.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

34 to go..

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Hendricks, Williams, du Plooy, Smuts, Bokako, Hamza, Steyn, Bavuma - franchise/international so stop calling them a bunch of semi pros. I think you just hate Zimbabweans In general.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:16 am
I know Kriterion will hide behind the internal troubles, but that tour match hurt BD badly.
What hurt BD more is the coach and the captain quitting after the first Test. The coach had actually resigned back in October 2016, but was somehow convinced or coerced to continue, and Bangladesh ended up beating England in the Test match later that month, with Sri Lanka and Australia to follow.

Those successes however glossed over the strife brewing inside the change room. Hathurasinghe had too much authority - he was named as a selector - and his insistence on a number of non-performing players (Sabbir Rahman, Imrul Kayes) as well as mistreatement of others (Mashrafee Mortaza, Mominul Haque) alienated the senior players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:00 pm
Hendricks, Williams, du Plooy, Smuts, Bokako, Hamza, Steyn, Bavuma - franchise/international so stop calling them a bunch of semi pros. I think you just hate Zimbabweans In general.
Exactly, this is a fairly strong SA Invitational XI. Wrong Smuts though, Jon-Jon is decent but Kelly is a mediocre bits and pieces man.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Zero76 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:37 am
Flakeman wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:00 pm
Exactly, this is a fairly strong SA Invitational XI. Wrong Smuts though, Jon-Jon is decent but Kelly is a mediocre bits and pieces man.
Yea I know, but Kelly is still a good player and would be a franchise regular if selection were fair.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Remember West Indies of 80s
Gurner, Holding, Marshall, Roberts

Zimbabwe going to have similar bowling line ups with

Blessing Muzarabani, Daniel Jakiel, Mark Olonga, Carl Mumba

Medium pacers like Jarvis & Chatara will be benched like Pattrick Paterson & Silvester Clerk for West Indies.
Robo to rule :oops: