africa t20 cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

africa t20 cup

Post by Mueddie28 »

who are in the squad for this event in SOUTH AFRICA
ZIM vs Kwa Zulu Natal
think next month will be the Africa T20. I can definitely see Zimbabwe picking the following as the spine of the side:
Moor, Kasuza, Maruma, Nathan Waller. Question is who else will be picked to join them?

Flakeman

Re: africa t20 cup

Post by Flakeman »

Well they normally send a predominately young side to go. Id bank on Moor, Maruma, Kasuza, Waller, Mavuta

Then if you look at the last few months of T20 cricket at club level, logic would see Zhawi, Gupo, Hondo, Diplock, and maybe Shingi as a senior.

That's the logical choice, but I have the feeling the logical choices won't prevail here ! As per usual

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If Elton is still on a national contract he might as well go since he doesnt seem to being doing anything else. Saw on twitter they are going to get a domestic t20 going next month..hopefully we get to see some youngsters having a go as well

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

You know it amazes me that Brandon doesn't get more of a look in.

He played against my old club TCC last summer here in the Uk, and the reports were very positive. In fact I know for a fact they wanted him this season and are going to get in contact with him for next season. I got a call from the chairman last month.

The skipper mentioned he made bowling look very easy and hit the bat hard, though he looked lazy. That's the kind of report I've heard about Brandon, all the talent in the world but slightly lazy. In fact Dipaz has admitted as much to me when we've spoken.
I watched the back end of his 89 he scored that day and he smacked the shit out of it; hit the ball ferociously hard. Never saw him bowl, though, which was a shame. TCC's skipper texted me after the game and asked me if I know him well enough to get him for this season but at the time I was trying to get him at my club :lol:

Really hope the guy sticks with cricket because he desperately wants to play for his country.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:02 pm
who are in the squad for this event in SOUTH AFRICA
ZIM vs Kwa Zulu Natal
think next month will be the Africa T20. I can definitely see Zimbabwe picking the following as the spine of the side:
Moor, Kasuza, Maruma, Nathan Waller. Question is who else will be picked to join them?
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're very naughty Mueddie28! :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewto ... 03#p108603

Very very naughty. You're the next Jaybro...or vice-versa? But Kriterion is probably David Livingstone!

:lol: :lol: :lol: ZCF!

Certain watermelon posts make me very suspicious too.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:52 am

He played against my old club TCC last summer here in the Uk, and the reports were very positive. In fact I know for a fact they wanted him this season and are going to get in contact with him for next season. I got a call from the chairman last month.

The skipper mentioned he made bowling look very easy and hit the bat hard, though he looked lazy. That's the kind of report I've heard about Brandon, all the talent in the world but slightly lazy. In fact Dipaz has admitted as much to me when we've spoken.
I watched the back end of his 89 he scored that day and he smacked the shit out of it; hit the ball ferociously hard. Never saw him bowl, though, which was a shame. TCC's skipper texted me after the game and asked me if I know him well enough to get him for this season but at the time I was trying to get him at my club :lol:

Really hope the guy sticks with cricket because he desperately wants to play for his country.
He seemed to do well, no questions asked there, but as you are in UK, what kind of quality are these teams such as Thornham etc?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:25 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:52 am

He seemed to do well, no questions asked there, but as you are in UK, what kind of quality are these teams such as Thornham etc?
Thornham weren't the worst team. There were probably better sides, but never the less he had to score the runs and take the wickets, which he did.
I'd like to see him in the division I'm in, which is the one above what he played last year.
Heard only good things about Brandon, and if things change in the regulations I will probably try and tap him up for next season.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Thornham weren't the worst team. There were probably better sides, but never the less he had to score the runs and take the wickets, which he did.
I'd like to see him in the division I'm in, which is the one above what he played last year.
Heard only good things about Brandon, and if things change in the regulations I will probably try and tap him up for next season.
The team you play for...how does a new prospective player get in the squad? My guess is there try outs at the beginning of the season during practice/training sessions or perhaps an intra-squad trial match.

Also how many players play in the divisions between yours and the 18 first class counties? In other words from the division immediately above yours to the one immediately below county cricket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

First match of Zimbabwe in Africa T20 2017 is against KwaZulu-Natal Inland on 15th September

This Should be the squad :

1) Milton Shumba 2) T Kamunhukamwe 3) Terisai Musakanda
( C) 4) Kevin Kasuza 5) Tafara Mupariwa ( wk) 6) Liam Rochi 7) Ryan Murray 8) Greig Dollar 9) William Mashinge 10) Faraz Akram 11) Mukhul Nyathi 12) Brandon Mavuta 13) Blessing Muzarabani 14)N Madziva 15) Keith Jaure

kudet

Post by kudet »

isnt it the u19 guys will be in India so probably the likes of Jeremy Ives, Ryan Murray, PJ Moor, Welly Masakadza (if fit), Madziva or maybe Carl Mumba :?