africa t20 cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: africa t20 cup

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm
The Robot wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:14 am
News is that some fresh youths are also there in the camp practicing that includes Daniel Jakiel, Jeremy Ives, Robbie Ebrahim, Deven Bell, Mark Olonga and Ryan Murray
That's terrific news, there's some good talent in that bunch.
Ah! Robbie Ebrahim! The mercurial nephew of former international Dion Ebrahim. He is known to run twice as fast as Dion between the wickets. We need to find him zoom zoom partners in the team... Does he also fancy fielding at backward point and take blinders?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/butt-its-never-about-money/

looks like Chatara and Mpofu also made the trip to Afghanistan. It also looks like the dutch guys are coming at the end of the month as well as Pakistan A to prepare us for the 2 west indies tests. not the worst preparation. sadly it will probably mean that we will field full strength teams for the A games which would be a loss to the youngsters.

not too happy about Raza telling the press that the security plan is in his email. Gmail and yahoomail can be hacked quite easily if someone knows your email address.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 am
http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/butt-its-never-about-money/

looks like Chatara and Mpofu also made the trip to Afghanistan. It also looks like the dutch guys are coming at the end of the month as well as Pakistan A to prepare us for the 2 west indies tests. not the worst preparation. sadly it will probably mean that we will field full strength teams for the A games which would be a loss to the youngsters.

not too happy about Raza telling the press that the security plan is in his email. Gmail and yahoomail can be hacked quite easily if someone knows your email address.
Whatever the case might be, Zimbabwe need to select Mutizwa, Shingi, Madziva, Panyangara, Chisoro, Wellington and Chikomba. That Pakistani Faisal should be seriously making Jongwe an immediate priority, not chasing unlikely targets at the end of a foreign season.

That was actually a serious security breach by Raza.

Overall nice to see the plenty matches to follow. I'm obviously looking forward to ZIM coming down (if it does happen), but it'll be a major embarrassment if they bring that junk attack here.

L.S

Post by L.S »

I agree that we need to take a seriously modified bowling attack to Sa. Don and Mpofu won't cut it.

[snip]

Andile shouldn't be in the test side based on stats. His FC stats are terrible. Ngidi literally had 2 good games for SA in t20s. His domestic stats suck. You need to open your eyes my pal.
Last edited by maehara on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: personal attack.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Mumba, Chatara and a FIT Panyangara would be our best attack going to South Africa. If Tinashe isn't fit I'd still consider Donny due to his batting and also the fact all his test matches have been played on 'non-seamer friendly tracks' so he probably deserves a crack in SA.

I have a feeling Ngarava will get a look in for the test side soon, he may well be one of very few players to make his first class debut in a test match.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

ZIMBABWE XI SQUAD FOR AFRICA T20 CUP

1. Peter Moor ( Captain / Wicket Keeper ) 2. Brian Chari 3. Tinashe Kamunhukamwe 4. Kevin Kaduza 5. Neville Madziva 6. Rugare Magarira 7. Timycen Maruma 8. Carl Mumba 9. Tinotenda Matumbodzi 10. Ainsley Ndolovu 11.Kudzai Sauramba 12.Nathan Waller 13. Innocent Kaia

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Great to see hard hitting Tinashe Kamunhukamwe and spinner Magarira getting selected. Maruma has become great joke, with his increasing in age, he is getting picked more games against Under 23, Academy, A side.

Chari & Mutambodzi are new faces of quota system, who will get selected in every A team, despite of failures.

James Bruce and Luke Jongwe should have been the part instead of these two failures.

Kasuza, Sauramba and Kaia, good selection banking on their A team performsnces.
Robo to rule :oops:

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:35 pm
ZIMBABWE XI SQUAD FOR AFRICA T20 CUP

1. Peter Moor ( Captain / Wicket Keeper ) 2. Brian Chari 3. Tinashe Kamunhukamwe 4. Kevin Kaduza 5. Neville Madziva 6. Rugare Magarira 7. Timycen Maruma 8. Carl Mumba 9. Tinotenda Matumbodzi 10. Ainsley Ndolovu 11.Kudzai Sauramba 12.Nathan Waller 13. Innocent Kaia
Squad of 13 odd. See a lot of batsman but not too many bowlers. Better experience in the squad though. Moor/Maruma should be opening the batting.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Playing XI

1) Tinashe Kamunhukamwe
2) Innocent Kaia
3) Kevin Kasuza
4) Peter Moor (c)
5) Timycen Maruma
6) Tinotenda Matumbodzi
7) Kudzai Sauramba (wk)