africa t20 cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: africa t20 cup

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The Robot wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 am
Should have selected talents like Tafara Mupariwa, Faraz Akram, William Mashinge, Daniel Jakiel, Ryan Murray, Ryan Ebrahim and Mark Olonga as this sort of tournament is ideal to test new players.
Oh yes, I totally forgot about the twin brother Ryan Ebrahim when I wrote this:
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm
The Robot wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:14 am
News is that some fresh youths are also there in the camp practicing that includes Daniel Jakiel, Jeremy Ives, Robbie Ebrahim, Deven Bell, Mark Olonga and Ryan Murray
That's terrific news, there's some good talent in that bunch.
Ah! Robbie Ebrahim! The mercurial nephew of former international Dion Ebrahim. He is known to run twice as fast as Dion between the wickets. We need to find him zoom zoom partners in the team... Does he also fancy fielding at backward point and take blinders?
Ryan and Robbie Ebrahim - the identical twins who are all set to create new history for Zim cricket in the future, beyond the Flowers, the Strangs, the Masakadzas, the Ervines, and believe it or not, beyond even the Kaias.

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:14 am
The Robot wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 am
Should have selected talents like Tafara Mupariwa, Faraz Akram, William Mashinge, Daniel Jakiel, Ryan Murray, Ryan Ebrahim and Mark Olonga as this sort of tournament is ideal to test new players.
Oh yes, I totally forgot about the twin brother Ryan Ebrahim when I wrote this:
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm

That's terrific news, there's some good talent in that bunch.
Ah! Robbie Ebrahim! The mercurial nephew of former international Dion Ebrahim. He is known to run twice as fast as Dion between the wickets. We need to find him zoom zoom partners in the team... Does he also fancy fielding at backward point and take blinders?
Ryan and Robbie Ebrahim - the identical twins who are all set to create new history for Zim cricket in the future, beyond the Flowers, the Strangs, the Masakadzas, the Ervines, and believe it or not, beyond even the Kaias.

Ryan is an allrounder, can bowl some seam at 135 kph, Robbie is a good wicket keeper, can challenge Murray and Moor
Robo to rule :oops:

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Right, so eugene's ZCF XI will soon have to contend with another ZCF XI (Zim Cricket Fictitious XI) at this rate...

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Apparently Cricinfo has one change from the squad of 13 we had seen earlier. Keith Jaure in instead of Carl Mumba. Wonder how and where Jaure has impressed anyone to get these gigs (similar is the case with Ndlovu).

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Maruma killing it so far. Solid batting.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Should we start posting links to live scorecards as a habit now? The new Cricinfo site is so rubbish it takes me forever to find matches and series pages. If their traffic hasn't halved I'd be shocked.

Here's a link to the current Zimbabwe vs Kwa-Zulu Natal Inland game: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1797 ... a-t20-cup/

PJ Moor going nuts, three 6's and 35 off 22 so far.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am
Should we start posting links to live scorecards as a habit now? The new Cricinfo site is so rubbish it takes me forever to find matches and series pages. If their traffic hasn't halved I'd be shocked.
Yep, good idea. Site navigation over there is just terrible now. Timmy Maruma holding things together with a good fifty.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Great knock by Maruma - 81 off 55

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am
Should we start posting links to live scorecards as a habit now?
Yes, that definitely helps.

Outstanding effort by Maruma given most others were just involved in a procession towards the pavilion. Moor explosive, Kaia probably put pressure on Maruma early on but did get a good partnership in, but a quality knock from Maruma. Looks like this won't be enough for a win though. We could have easily taken this beyond 200 with some support for Timmy.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Great knock Maruma. He is the best short format batsman we have on this tour. He should continue this good form. Its a bit too late for him to try and get a gig in Agfan.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'