SA vs Zim - Boxing Day rumour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: SA vs Zim - Boxing Day rumour

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:49 am
Quit being philosophical about this.

Let CSA shoot itself in the leg.

No way it will beat Zimbabwe over 4 days on that pitch (unless Streak has another selection+strategy brain fade :roll: ).
Standard Hhm making a big statement with a get out clause so he can't be wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am
pariah wrote:

No way it will beat Zimbabwe over 4 days on that pitch (unless Streak has another selection+strategy brain fade :roll: ).
Standard Hhm making a big statement with a get out clause so he can't be wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
What Streak & Co did in SL was downright foolish. I thought the forum was unanimous on that. Or am I wrong?

I'll tell you now, without the right attack, Zim stand absolutely zero chace of drawing against SA. Expect 700+ runs dec.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 am
jaybro wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am
pariah wrote:

What Streak & Co did in SL was downright foolish. I thought the forum was unanimous on that. Or am I wrong?

I'll tell you now, without the right attack, Zim stand absolutely zero chace of drawing against SA. Expect 700+ runs dec.
There's zero chance Zimbabwe play your attack of Shingi, Tinashe, Chatara & Wellington so you can sit here and say that Zimbabwe should win or get a result but then when they don't you'll blame Streak for picking the wrong side

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

To be fair, Hhm isn't too far off the boil there. Lets face it, our attack is toothless. There's no real pace or penetration upfront to worry batters of the class of South Africa. Spin is out strong point yes but, in south Africa especially, that's going to be negated slightly (if not massively) by the bouncy, skiddy nature of the pitches over there. I can't see Cremer or Raza being as effective

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:03 pm
To be fair, Hhm isn't too far off the boil there. Lets face it, our attack is toothless. There's no real pace or penetration upfront to worry batters of the class of South Africa. Spin is out strong point yes but, in south Africa especially, that's going to be negated slightly (if not massively) by the bouncy, skiddy nature of the pitches over there. I can't see Cremer or Raza being as effective
I think CSA will have a discussion with ZC. They have team statisticians who will have issues as they prepare their own team. Plus Firsode has a tendency to send subtle messages via her articles, sometimes it's not clear who instructs her. So chances are Streak and co might get the message quite early.

Cremer the captain so won't be dropped, but he will have another huge scar against SA, this time as a much older, mature and more experienced bowler. Where ZC might adjust is to use Raza and Williams less, but select another spinner. Probably Wellington. I think it would be very cruel on Mumba/Ngarava to pick them.

If Rabada and Duanne just struggled in the opening FC fixture here in SA, I can't imagine how it will go for those youngsters. Remember Hardus Viljoen? Test cricket is very cruel. Just look at England debutants of late, as well as SA's ones. :cry:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Look I'm not saying we should pick 3 bowlers in every test but if you look at the Sri Lanka test Waller was the 8th batsman and without him we're not even close to winning this game because our top 3 didn't even score 50 runs between them across both innings.

Streak knew the top 3 was shaky so he played the extra batsman and counted on the spin from Raza and Williams.

It almost worked if for not some errors in the final innings. Cremer not bowling the seamers was a big mistake as we all agreed and Regis missing 3 chances on the final day killed us as well.

Streak thought outside the box and it almost came off, don't forget the Dickwella stumping also.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

What type of pitch should we expect at Port Elizabeth ??

eugene

Post by eugene »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 pm
Look I'm not saying we should pick 3 bowlers in every test but if you look at the Sri Lanka test Waller was the 8th batsman and without him we're not even close to winning this game because our top 3 didn't even score 50 runs between them across both innings.

Streak knew the top 3 was shaky so he played the extra batsman and counted on the spin from Raza and Williams.

It almost worked if for not some errors in the final innings. Cremer not bowling the seamers was a big mistake as we all agreed and Regis missing 3 chances on the final day killed us as well.

Streak thought outside the box and it almost came off, don't forget the Dickwella stumping also.
Regis should never see the light of day again after that performance.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/97 ... dean-elgar

What is wrong with these fools? What contingency plans other than just adding another day and get it done with if there is a disapproval. Am I missing something?
CSA will therefore press ahead with their request for the match against Zimbabwe to be given Test status, with acting chief executive Thabang Moroe set to present their case to the ICC. Moroe said that Irish had assured him the players would take part in the match if the request is granted - but not if it was denied. CSA general manager Corrie van Zyl and commercial manager Clive Eksteen are in the process of creating a contingency plan. "Our broadcasters need content and we need players to play cricket," said Moroe. "I have asked Corrie and Clive to work out a plan in case the ICC says 'no'."
Just Add another day!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Or just play a 4 day FC match and televise it. 99% of the viewing public won't care.