SA vs Zim - Boxing Day rumour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: SA vs Zim - Boxing Day rumour

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:08 am
As I said before, no way CSA would have announced a 4 day test without knowing it would be approved in advance. That would have been a huge embarrassment. They even scheduled a game against the SA emerging team under the lights. I still think we will get absolutely roasted under the floodlights. They should push for a day game..

When is this 9-3 cutoff date exactly? And is it set in stone that we can't make it? I know we got 0 points right now but that ranking system of theirs can change things quickly.

Good to see that In the second cycle of the ODI league everybody has to play each other.. tired of England not giving us a game.
With Taibu and Streak's thinking, I don't see ZIM getting 20 IRE/AFG wickets for cheaper than they will get ZIM's wickets within ZIM. Even worse if ZIM have to play away in their backyards.

It doesn't matter what the cut-off date is. ZIM is doomed. Only way is downwards. By the time a regressing SL, BD and PAK agree to play a meaningful series outside the Championship calendar against ZIM, they will have recovered and be stronger!

How stupid is the decision to hire Dav Whatmore now. ZIM would not have been subjected to this had it struggled with its own coaches. Should have persisted with Mangongo. If you check the minutes, pretty sure two of the points would have been "the good players left bring them back", negated by - "even a top coach couldn't get them to perform and win while they were there, they still lost to Ireland".

After sustained bullying from Afghanistan, losing to Scotland and Netherlands recently pretty much sealed this fate for Zimbabwe! Well done Heath Streak!

With India in ZIM's corner things would have worked out better too.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am
It's clear a lot of politicking and negotiations happened for all the boards to suddenly be working together. I think for Zim they obviously increased our money(wouldn't be surprised if the Taylor and Jarvis upfront money came from the ICC in USD) , they guaranteed our full membership for some time and Handed us the qualifier.

CSA was also used to sweeten the deal as they are now suddenly willing to help us( makhaya had previously said they were barely interested). Now suddenly you will see the emerging and "A" team touring Zim every year, they are helping us with the qualifier logistics( will probably bring TV equipment, those soaker things that clear waterlogged fields and maybe even some buses to help with transport). I would also not be surprised if every test team touring team will now play us instead of the SA emerging team in four day warmups which will be scandalously given test status ( im sure the "trials" will go past 2019.
No politicking. ZIM just ticked off India. ICC always knew putting a Pakistani in ZC would work. CSA board was illadvised into putting Haroon Lorgat as boss too. SA-IND relations have never been the same since. IND unilaterally reduced the matches of the last tour leaving CSA in debt they will never recover from.

What money? Let's talk after they've paid off that loan. Until then, there's no money. It's all servicing debt. ZIM need CWCs to make money. ICC can change that agreement after the 2019 CWC to reduce ZIM's share because BCCI is still not happy. Even worse if AFG and IRE, plus SCO and NED etc start to make bigger noises as they will no doubt beat ZIM sooner rather than later in a Full ODI as many start to overtake it in those rankings too.

What Full Membership? Playing in an elite "Intercontinetal Cup?

SA playing ZIM has got nothing to do with CSA. Zuma and Mugabe made that agreement. It's apolitical one, and I mentioned it here. It was discussed and agreed some time back, with the Memorandums of Understanding signed when Mugabe visited recently. SA Emerging touring was already part of an increase in those relationships. Cricket won't be the only sport that benefits. When was the lasy time the u20 Springboks toured to give the Sables a hiding? Expect more pain. :cry:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Well it's official. We're mad if we don't play for the draw.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 am
We would have played well just to get it to the 4th day.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

tawac wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 am
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 am
We would have played well just to get it to the 4th day.
Yeah especially under lights. Was it the first Adelaide Oval D/N Test which barely went 3 days?