Zimbabweans in the domestic SA T20 comp

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Zimbabweans in the domestic SA T20 comp

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

https://twitter.com/SBMonarchs/status/9 ... 7476567040

Taylor selected in the draft for the Stellenbosch franchise.

I think I read somewhere that Masakadza, Chigumbura, Sibanda and S Ervine are also in the mix.

Flakeman

Re: Zimbabweans in the domestic SA T20 comp

Post by Flakeman »

Taylor seems to be the only Zimbo sold. Would've been nice to see Williams, Hami and Cremer too though !

Interesting how so many "semi pro" white guys got picked ahead of their "Franchise" quota counterparts by the Asian owners. Tells you something.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Is Taylor our best t20 player? Havent really been following him in that format. I would say Hami is

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Is Taylor our best t20 player? Havent really been following him in that format. I would say Hami is
Hami is easily Zimbabwe's best T20 player, and by quite some distance(even Chigumbura should have easily made it in this draft). But the case of Hami pretty much says it all doesn't it?

I mean the best coach in SA right now Geoff Toyana was forced to be the deputy coach of Graeme Smith. The great Ntini is made a mere ambassador! Ten again, Mark Boucher was plucked from nowhere to be a coach, overtaking plenty more deserving figures a couple of seasons ago here in domestic cricket.

Lonwabo Tsotsobe was the number 1 ODI bowler in the whole world for quite some time, but no IPL side bought him even then.

This business of hiring Team Manager and Head coaches from Australia and South Africa(white) means there's a greater chance of some amateur white player being picked ahead of a seasoned professional.

It's too simplistic to blame the Indian/Pakistani owner because why would they hire and then overrule Fleming/Kallis/Smith/Boucher?

Phil Simmons has the most "non-white" players and that's not an accident.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Yea Hami is a better T20 batsman than Bt i would say

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

pariah wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:40 pm
TapsC wrote:
Hami is easily Zimbabwe's best T20 player, and by quite some distance(even Chigumbura should have easily made it in this draft). But the case of Hami pretty much says it all doesn't it?

I mean the best coach in SA right now Geoff Toyana was forced to be the deputy coach of Graeme Smith. The great Ntini is made a mere ambassador! Ten again, Mark Boucher was plucked from nowhere to be a coach, overtaking plenty more deserving figures a couple of seasons ago here in domestic cricket.

Lonwabo Tsotsobe was the number 1 ODI bowler in the whole world for quite some time, but no IPL side bought him even then.

This business of hiring Team Manager and Head coaches from Australia and South Africa(white) means there's a greater chance of some amateur white player being picked ahead of a seasoned professional.

It's too simplistic to blame the Indian/Pakistani owner because why would they hire and then overrule Fleming/Kallis/Smith/Boucher?

Phil Simmons has the most "non-white" players and that's not an accident.
Geoff Toyana has had a dreadful last season with the Lions. So shut up.

Ntini was laughed at by SA A players last year when they heard he was a coach. I happen to know quite a few players here don't like his methods.

Tsotsobe is a match fixer. A cheat. And a liar. Are you really gonna pull the race card on the Indian owners at the IPL now?

Your victim mentality is sad. Why does Rabada play at the IPL? Because he's damn good, anyone can see that ! Why don't Zondo, Bavuma, Phelukwayo? Cuz they just aren't good enough. Face facts

Boucher just won 2/3 trophies in his first coaching season.

Just admit you have a horrible bias? I mean you openly support the EFF, that's evidence enough of that ! Wake up. Your "seasoned veterans" just aren't good enough. Hence their lack of participation at an unbiased draft where Asians were in control. You sicken me.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Actually I believe pariah now supports Jacob Zuma and ANC as they have sunk even lower than the EFF on the morality scale.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Isn't Hami in the BPL? Isn't there a conflict?

Conant

Post by Conant »

TapsC wrote:
I must admit I hand't even thought off the possibility of a Zimbabwean being involved in the SA draft (I wonder why?), until I saw Brendan Taylor's name in one of the teams. And then my first thought was: so where is Hammy?

Disappointing.

That SA couldn't really consider any of our players when teams as far as Bangladesh and Pakistan do.

Also Hammy generally has some terrible luck.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yes, Hamilton should have got a gig in CPL, BPL and this SA tournament for sure if nothing else