Simbarashe Haukozi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ljriley90

Simbarashe Haukozi

Post by ljriley90 »

Anyone know this guy?

Sent me his cricket cv looking for a club in the UK for 2018.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Simbarashe Haukozi

Post by pariah »

This is one of the things I appreciate on ZCF. Englishmen looking to get young players over to play for them.

There are multiple benefits for the black young players:
- Travelling overseas, see other places
- Learn other cultures through interacting with other people
- Make contacts and meet new friends
- Develop your game as you rub shoulders with others
- Some have duties to coach, so they develop coaching skills as well
- Costs covered (return tickets, accomoddation, meals?)

There are several other benefits that I didn't mention. Plus most of these kids won't get such benefits because their parents are simply not in a position to do so.

Having said all this, it's an opportunity for ZCF to contribute to its benefit:
- Can be the portal for those looking to sign players
- Valuable comments on players, that can be available for past, current and future reference.

So once again another reason for a Forum(not sub-forum :D ) where all the requests and player "topics" can be found. With the various rule changes overseas, it's quite likely now that most of the players you guys require won't even have a cricinfo profile, because they are either too costly to obtain visas, or simply don't qualify for various reasons.

This will force a number of the cricket enthusiasts to post info on school and club cricketers, as well as matches more frequently, even scorecards. I know there's Facebook etc, but all sorts of things are found there and it's easy to get distracted.

I imagine Ireland also welcome cricekters, no?

"SUMMER CRICKET IN THE UK & IRELAND"?

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

Simba is a powerfully Built player who can bat from 3 to 6 . Good hands and a good player. I got to watch him play recently when he partnered a returning Tinashe Chimbambo chase down 294 in a second league fixture. He is known as a power hitter with loads of talent i can help out with Videos if needed.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Googly

Post by Googly »

But in your other posts you state how ZC and CSA are finally closing the loopholes for white players to enjoy the English cricket yet here you are extolling it's virtues for black cricketers? Your continual disection of past injustices, most of them perceived, and your map of the way forward has failed dismally here as it will fail in SA and you'll never quite understand, nor accept why.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

How old is this guy?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:40 am
How old is this guy?
CV puts him at 27.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

pariah wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:03 pm
This is one of the things I appreciate on ZCF. Englishmen looking to get young players over to play for them.

There are multiple benefits for the black young players:
- Travelling overseas, see other places
- Learn other cultures through interacting with other people
- Make contacts and meet new friends
- Develop your game as you rub shoulders with others
- Some have duties to coach, so they develop coaching skills as well
- Costs covered (return tickets, accomoddation, meals?)

There are several other benefits that I didn't mention. Plus most of these kids won't get such benefits because their parents are simply not in a position to do so.

Having said all this, it's an opportunity for ZCF to contribute to its benefit:
- Can be the portal for those looking to sign players
- Valuable comments on players, that can be available for past, current and future reference.

So once again another reason for a Forum(not sub-forum :D ) where all the requests and player "topics" can be found. With the various rule changes overseas, it's quite likely now that most of the players you guys require won't even have a cricinfo profile, because they are either too costly to obtain visas, or simply don't qualify for various reasons.

This will force a number of the cricket enthusiasts to post info on school and club cricketers, as well as matches more frequently, even scorecards. I know there's Facebook etc, but all sorts of things are found there and it's easy to get distracted.

I imagine Ireland also welcome cricketers, no?

"SUMMER CRICKET IN THE UK & IRELAND"?
Well there'll be two classes of cricketer clubs are looking at in the UK as their overseas.

Overseas Professional - who would travel on a tier 5 visa. Tier 5 Visa is for any cricketer who has played t20, list a of FC cricket as they are now classed as a professional in the eyes of the UK Borders Agency and ECB. However, to get the Tier 5 visa the player has to have played at least 5 FC games in the previous 24 months to their arrival in the UK. List A and T20 do not count although ODI and T20I do count. How well that's being police by the borders agency is up for debate because there's a lot of guys in the UK playing under the normal standard visitor visas who have played FC, LIST A and T20 cricket but don't meet the 5 FC matches in previous 24 month criteria. I know a club like mine wouldn't take the risk on having a pro come over who hadn't played at least 5 FC games, club cant afford to not have an overseas pro.

Overseas Amateur - these guys would travel on a standard visitor visa. The standard visitor visa has replaced the sports visa. Because of the strict rules about pro and amateur cricketers in the UK now only truly amateur cricketers should come over on the standard visitor visa. So if a player has ever played FC, LIST A or T20 for a state / franchise they cannot come over as an amateur - even if it was just 1 game. This means clubs should only be going for club cricketers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So ljriley, what's your opinion on this new ruling?
Personally I think it's a mess. Most clubs and their supporters appear to want a quality overseas player. It's actually a fine tradition. There's not enough Tier 5 cricketers to go around, nor are there enough decent amateur guys that would make an impact for the clubs, because that's what's expected of them.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

ljriley90 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:53 am
Overseas Amateur - these guys would travel on a standard visitor visa. The standard visitor visa has replaced the sports visa. Because of the strict rules about pro and amateur cricketers in the UK now only truly amateur cricketers should come over on the standard visitor visa. So if a player has ever played FC, LIST A or T20 for a state / franchise they cannot come over as an amateur - even if it was just 1 game. This means clubs should only be going for club cricketers.
Thanks for clarifying this for many here. That way my views about what I may describe as a "cricketer with a Cricinfo profile" of any race, and an ordinary young player won't be conflated. They are two very different classes or categories.

I'm just glad that there's this avenue for amateurs, and basically club players. That's been the benefit of these legal changes.

Most ZIM/SA players will basically stay in ZIM/SA because of these limitations (or go to Australia or other options which too will look to limit the flow sooner rather than later).

Club cricket, and club players in ZIM/SA will be even stronger and to an extent more satisfying. This is why I feel such platforms/forums can play a good role in being a trusted portal.

Most guys here have given comments, this is also a good one, and would be even more valuable in an Amateur Players' forum for this player's particular page. If we want to do a "Haukozi mania", then it can be brought back this side :D . But generally these are guys that we've never heard of and will never hear of, but every season English(Scottish and Irish?) clubs to sign a number of them, and for various reasons change them the next season and so on.
gargamel wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:58 pm
Simba is a powerfully Built player who can bat from 3 to 6 . Good hands and a good player. I got to watch him play recently when he partnered a returning Tinashe Chimbambo chase down 294 in a second league fixture. He is known as a power hitter with loads of talent i can help out with Videos if needed.
For me personally since I'm not on the ground, it gives me a general idea of how many of these guys are actually involved in criket in ZIM, based on those posting their own profiles for inspection, plus "recruiters" such as yourself who are looking for info, as well as forumites posting genuine comments or appraisals.

NB: You'll also find that it also helps to dispel the myth about interest and numbers that is often propagated here. In SA as well, the system simply cannot handle the numbers coming through - both cricket and rugby(I can literally start a cricket club in one location to the next, pretty much every weekend, and none of the matches will be short of players every matchday). That is why govt had to act here because from the schools all the way to the top this was the case(of those who don't/never progress to Provincial or Franchise, the best of those have a minor incentive as amateur tourists form time to time). So numbers are there and in abundance. I just feel that at times in Zim they are understated in the forum. Someone here did say it is the 2nd most popular sport in Zimbabwe. Although the sport is not well managed there. Surely today most people there today are more likely to remember the Flower brothers, and will probably mention the Masakadzas, before they recall the Whittals, Rennies or even the Strangs. Soon it will be the Kaias.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

pariah wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:14 am
today most people there today are more likely to remember the Flower brothers, and will probably mention the Masakadzas, before they recall the Whittals, Rennies or even the Strangs. Soon it will be the Kaias.
Innocent and Roy Kaia, the two legendary Zimbabwean brothers that are held dear in the hearts of all Zimbabwe cricket fans worldwide.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*