Streak, Taibu & Mire playing their parts in returning hope to Zimbabwe Cricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Streak, Taibu & Mire playing their parts in returning hope to Zimbabwe Cricket

Post by Black Mamba »

This Team has covered all the batting options, all the team now need is some fast bowlers & spinner who could deceive a batsman.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Streak, Taibu & Mire playing their parts in returning hope to Zimbabwe Cricket

Post by The Robot »

Black Mamba wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:28 am
This Team has covered all the batting options, all the team now need is some fast bowlers & spinner who could deceive a batsman.

Daniel Jakiel & Mark Olonga will sort out that fast bowling problem.

Herbert Chikomba, is another sensational spin bowling allrounder, hope he gets some game.
Robo to rule :oops:

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Good read
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

very good read. I really do think Mire has a big role to play in our future. Taibu has definitely done his bit with the rising stars. we just have to keep costs low. it doesn't look sustainable in my view if the players don't get clubs and are just there for the academy. with the rules changing for visas we really have no other choice but to make the rising stars a first class team which will give the players enough FC games to qualify.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:34 am
very good read. I really do think Mire has a big role to play in our future. Taibu has definitely done his bit with the rising stars. we just have to keep costs low. it doesn't look sustainable in my view if the players don't get clubs and are just there for the academy. with the rules changing for visas we really have no other choice but to make the rising stars a first class team which will give the players enough FC games to qualify.
I was just watching the Mire 112 highlights vs SL. I was pleasantly surprised that he was middling everything and playing proper cricketing shots. Based on what I had seen of him and his averages, I had assumed he was a hack, but he does seem to possess some solid batsmanship. Obviously not of the same class as a Musakanda, but he could be very handy right up at the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

TapsC wrote:
Taps - that's the plan I believe. I spoke at length with Brandon Mavuta when my club played the Rising Stars and he said they are going to become the 5th FC side. Going to be all the young guys who aren't getting a guaranteed shot with the franchises currently. If they get 5 FC games in then they can play club cricket in the UK

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ljriley90 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:17 am
TapsC wrote:
Taps - that's the plan I believe. I spoke at length with Brandon Mavuta when my club played the Rising Stars and he said they are going to become the 5th FC side. Going to be all the young guys who aren't getting a guaranteed shot with the franchises currently. If they get 5 FC games in then they can play club cricket in the UK
That's so good.
Wonder if young Trent Jayden will get a look in.
I like how, for the first time in a long long time, there is a clear pathway to the national side after Under 19's cricket.

School cricket; Under19's; The rising stars; Franchise Cricket; A' side selection; National selection.

The longer the process the better, as each stepping stone, ideally, will be that much stronger in standard. Plus there's more opportunity for these lads to come over and play club cricket. I want to see Diplock in there

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

If they become the 5th first class team, that's great, but it will make it more complicated for them to come over to England and play for club sides, because they will need the ' sports visa' for that very reason - that are now playing ' first class cricket' . Forgive me, but I don't know every detail of the new ruling, but I'm sure it will make it harder. I do that this new ruling is really having a negative impact here, and indirectly will affect young cricketers from Zimbabwe and other countries.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Robbo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 am
If they become the 5th first class team, that's great, but it will make it more complicated for them to come over to England and play for club sides, because they will need the ' sports visa' for that very reason - that are now playing ' first class cricket' . Forgive me, but I don't know every detail of the new ruling, but I'm sure it will make it harder. I do that this new ruling is really having a negative impact here, and indirectly will affect young cricketers from Zimbabwe and other countries.
Sports visa has gone.

Clubs need to pay for a Tier 5 sponsors visa. They have that for 3 years once successfully applied for and allows them to sign FC players. If a club doesn't have the sponsors license then they cant sign FC players (officially).

If a club doesn't pay for the sponsors license (about £300) then officially they cant sign anyone who is playing FC and should look at "amateurs" only.

Personally I think its a good ruling.

For too long clubs in the UK been getting FC and top notch players in and classing them as an amateur when they've had decent FC careers a few years previous. Only amateurs should play as an amateur.