[Series Thread] Tracking Zimbos in Shpageeza League

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Series Thread] Tracking Zimbos in Shpageeza League

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:18 am
pariah wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:54 am
Averaging 25 in a T20 comp is not a shocker by any means.
What of a 97 Strike Rate?

NB: Cricket Forum
The great Vusi Sibanda is striking @104 not much difference between his S/R and Burl's
Assuming of course that you're not topping the batting charts and haven't scored triple the runs, boundaries and sixes while opening the batting. ;)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:22 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:18 am
pariah wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 am
What of a 97 Strike Rate?

NB: Cricket Forum
The great Vusi Sibanda is striking @104 not much difference between his S/R and Burl's
Assuming of course that you're not topping the batting charts and haven't scored triple the runs, boundaries and sixes while opening the batting. ;)

It's common knowledge the best time to bat in t20's is opening so by opening Vusi naturally has more opportunities to score more runs.

Assuming you actually have half an idea about cricket ;)
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

Looks like only Zimbabweans are left in this tournament

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

firebreaker wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:20 am
Looks like only Zimbabweans are left in this tournament
It's hopeless, why the hell didn't they hotfoot it out of Kabul like everyone else? Total disaster.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Couple of articles up today on players defying the ZC order and staying back:

http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-sports-s ... 17955.html

http://www.cricket365.com/latest-news/z ... ghanistan/

Neither giving the full list of Zimbos in Afghanistan correctly. Neither indicating Masakadza and Mire are back. Where are these two if they are not in Afghanistan as well?
Players such as Vusi Sibanda and Elton Chigumbura are not contracted. We can't tell people who are out of contract to come back
This was the only interesting part though, Mukhulani stating that Chigs and Vusi are not contracted anymore. I had assumed Chigs' contract was heavily brought down, but he is actually not on national contract now. Vusi probably started concentrating commentary once his form went downhill locally.

But it is concerning not to get any news about Masakadza and Mire.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

I don't know what's more shocking. That these guys would prefer to stay in Afghanistan or that the world's premier T20 talent, Elton Chigumbura, is uncontracted.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Here's a better article by Daniel Nhakahiso: https://www.thestandard.co.zw/2017/09/1 ... directive/
Veteran seamer Christopher Mpofu was expected to feature in the tournament but was forced to cancel his plans as the explosion took place on the same day he was expected to leave the country.
Australia-based Solomon Mire and Hamilton Masakadza were curiously missing from the MIS Ainak Knights lineup who only fielded Sikandar Raza and Vusi Sibanda during their match against Ryan Burl and Richmond Mutumbami’s Kabul Eagles at the same venue.
So, no news about them being back in Zim, but at least spelling out the lack of information publicly. Surely if they were back, being contracted to ZC, they would have informed them right away?

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 am
I don't know what's more shocking. That these guys would prefer to stay in Afghanistan or that the world's premier T20 talent, Elton Chigumbura, is uncontracted.
You might think this kind of sarcasm is any slight towards me but it's not. It actually proves that certain players are never and will never be genuinely appreciated. It's actually hard for many to stomach their successes or whenever they are lauded or appreciated via any acclaim. My presence here only serves to make it easier to batter players that are disliked and I think they quite easily see that whenever they read the forum trust me.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

I like Chigumbura, he can be a devastating batsman on his day. But Charles Coventry and Malcolm Waller also have high strike rates and nobody goes around pretending they were/are among the best in the world.

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm
I like Chigumbura, he can be a devastating batsman on his day. But Charles Coventry and Malcolm Waller also have high strike rates and nobody goes around pretending they were/are among the best in the world.
That's because - as Cricinfo told you in that article - Elton Chigumbura actually has a brilliant record against the traditional top 8 sides, superior to his overall record. Otherwise what would have been the point of them writing about him if his was only against BD & AFG like Malcolm??? :?