[Series Thread] Tracking Zimbos in Shpageeza League

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: [Series Thread] Tracking Zimbos in Shpageeza League

Post by Mr Twig »

Very lucky for Sibanda. Survives a run out.

He's not really suited to t20. I think he's trying to play an anchor role but they need over 13 an over.

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm
https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/ ... 1226926080

Daily Mirror says 2 dead, other messages on Twitter say 9 and 36 injured.

This is just insane - it was stupid enough when they went to Pakistan but at least they had security provided by a government which is not yet in failed-state territory. None of the Zimbabweans needed to go to Afghanistan, what on earth were they thinking? The fact that nobody from any western nations signed up should be a pretty good indicator to stay the hell away.
Pak is much more developed country than Afghanistan,There are 5 star hotels,Potent security team and also it is not as backward as Afghanistan.Whereas less said about Afghanistan is better? They have only one 5 star hotel in Afghanistan and that too opened last year.Infrastructure is as bad as it can get

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I totally believe that. I wouldn't be in a rush to get on a plane to either country for just $10k (or whatever it is they are getting paid).
For $100k danger pay (what the World XI players are supposedly getting), maybe I'd consider Pakistan - not war torn Afghanistan though.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

firebreaker wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40 pm

This is just insane - it was stupid enough when they went to Pakistan but at least they had security provided by a government which is not yet in failed-state territory. None of the Zimbabweans needed to go to Afghanistan, what on earth were they thinking? The fact that nobody from any western nations signed up should be a pretty good indicator to stay the hell away.
Pak is much more developed country than Afghanistan,There are 5 star hotels,Potent security team and also it is not as backward as Afghanistan.Whereas less said about Afghanistan is better? They have only one 5 star hotel in Afghanistan and that too opened last year.Infrastructure is as bad as it can get
Pakistan is developed :D Terrorist group attacked on Sri Lankan Players directly in the bus, Zimbabwe was lucky that blast in their last match of Pakistan Tour did'nt effect them much. Boards should think twice before sending their players in these country as life is bigger then the game.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Raza on fire 444

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Raza out. Suicide run
Good knock while it lasted.

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm
firebreaker wrote:

Pakistan is developed :D Terrorist group attacked on Sri Lankan Players directly in the bus, Zimbabwe was lucky that blast in their last match of Pakistan Tour did'nt effect them much. Boards should think twice before sending their players in these country as life is bigger then the game.
I didn't say its developed i said its more progressive and developed than Afghanistan.Did you see the security for WXI matches? There are 20000 thousand police officers guarding the stadium to make sure no harm is done to players

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 pm
I totally believe that. I wouldn't be in a rush to get on a plane to either country for just $10k (or whatever it is they are getting paid).
For $100k danger pay (what the World XI players are supposedly getting), maybe I'd consider Pakistan - not war torn Afghanistan though.
Well I wonder who will be paying attention to this tournament. A gig, any gig would be better than no gig at all. And if it opens up a few doors along the way the better. Its very unfortunate that these players cant get to the big bash and what naught. Its very dangerous yes but a carrot is a carrot as long as its orange.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

firebreaker wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm
firebreaker wrote:

I didn't say its developed i said its more progressive and developed than Afghanistan.Did you see the security for WXI matches? There are 20000 thousand police officers guarding the stadium to make sure no harm is done to players

World XI side is full of retired and dropped players :) Unless international Teams tour Pakistan, Cricket Can't resume there.

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

I am not saying that I want it to resume, heck I am not even a Pakistani but comparing it with Afghanistan where most of your players went for small amount of money