The Messiah Returns

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
firebreaker

Re: The Messiah Returns

Post by firebreaker »

What is the guarantee that Zimboks will qualify for WC with Taylor in the team?

I dont think Zimbabwe can defeat Afghanistan

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:18 pm
I also don't know why it was with immediate effect. Didn't think he would be too keen to play against the dutch. maybe he wants to take a break considering that he might have 1 year of straight cricket coming up for the first time in a long time. that's assuming he plays the west indies in October then goes to South Africa for the t20 in November followed by the Afghanistan series in December, the possible boxing day test, the tri-series in Bangladesh in January .Scotland and the West Indies are supposed to come as well before a long world cup qualifier tournament according to Streak.. The FTP also has Pakistan coming in March/April for 2 tests 3 ODIs and a t20(considering we both don't have IPL players), us touring Australia for 2 tests and 3 ODis in June( this might mean the qualifier will be from mid April to the end of May), Pakistan again in July for 3 ODIs and 2 t20s(maybe in Pakistan), New Zealand for 3 ODIs in August and we are touring SA in October for 3 ODis and 1t20. So it might be a hidden message of good things to come.

Now we just need to figure out where to play him and if he wants to keep.

http://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/zimbabwe.html
Dates for Dutch matches
Dates for Pakistan A

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 pm
Our best batsman by a country mile returns and Hhm is still negative :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go away :lol: :lol:
I think Ervine has made a reasonable case fpr being Zim's batsman since the 2004 post rebel period. Maybe equal best with Taylor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

firebreaker wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 pm
What is the guarantee that Zimboks will qualify for WC with Taylor in the team?

I dont think Zimbabwe can defeat Afghanistan
They may not have to. The Afghans could slip up against any of the other 9 sides and not even make it to the semis.

Yes they will be favorites with the Windies to qualify, but Zim will have home field advantage, confidence from the SL series, and of course Taylor back.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Espncricinfo have suggested BRMt might miss some cricket for Zimbabwe due to his contract in the South African t20 league, surely hope not.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... cket-again
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

My bold prediction is Jarvis will be back around this time in 2018.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 pm
Quotas? Are you suggesting lesser players should be picked instead due to the color of their skin and not actually their skill to I dunno actually play the game? If thats the case, you can definitely count me in the "i hope ZIM loses every game they play" camp.

With outsiders like Hasnain in charge, hopefully, only merit based decisions will be made.

The important thing should be runs, wickets, and victories...not melanocytes.
Cremer, Malcolm and Jarvis are in no way automatic ODI XI picks. That's a fact!!!

1.Both Wellington and Chisoro can take the ball and routinely outbowl Cremer just like Raza does(probably Chikomba will to, it's not hard). Plus you don't need to look very far for evidence. What did Cremer do in SL during the ODIs recently???

2.Malcolm Waller. :roll:

3.One can easily name 6 Zimbabwean seamers who can outbowl Jarvis ODIs(plus over 30 "quota" seamers in SA who can do that). Even Rainsford can jump from the commentary box and still outbowl Jarvis. Both Sreak and Ntini can take time off coaching and outbowl Jarvis in an ODI.

This business of trying to defend the indefensible will hurt Zimbabwe cricket. There is no malice or unfairness in my comments. Those 3 are not automatic picks there, but at least Cremer & Malcolm can claim to be automatic in T20s, while Jarvis is only relevant in Tests and nothing else. Helltfetch big and be dropped before the end of his first series then what?(Let's bet us $10000 on this)

NB: Rest, stop being petty. I long called for and mentioned the benefits of Taylor particularly in ODIs & T20s(considering he's hopeless away from home in Tests and generally - FACT). I and his fellow players have every right to want to know thise questions I asked. Trust me Mire will too, and he sounds like a guy who might want to make a noise, just like Taibu.

For as long as Makoni is Head of Cricket Affairs, nothing is being said about the millions in interest Bvute&Vhingoka are raking in from the unpaid loan, plus Utseya was never fired by the Pakistani, then everything can change overnight. Underestimate my questions and comment at "your" peril. Taibu is one tantrum away from calling it quits, and Matsi WILL replace him! Ithink I have a fair idea of how Shona people operate.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yay! :D

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

When I sawthe topic title I assumed "Messiah" was hhm's newest incarnation ;)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I agree with hhm, in the history of all Zim's seam bowlers probably only Streak has better credentials than Jarvis.
It would be brilliant if a world class bowler in Jarvis comes back as well.