Brendan Taylor Away Stats

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Brendan Taylor Away Stats

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:19 pm
Why on earth would the CWC not count?
Who said or implied that it doesn't count? Pull the stats using standard Stasguru and let's see if you can.
Brendan Taylor's form has been proven statistically to be strong away from home
:D

eugene

Post by eugene »

You said it doesn't count. When analyzing one's away form, surely CWC's should be factored in. They are matches that have taken place in the time period you specified, so therefore they should count. Easy.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 pm
essentially just stirring the forum and doing a good job of trolling and riling up the fan base
No trolling, riling or stirring anywhere here. Read the posts, and see just how many of your colleague conveniently agreed with me in my absence. Many have given up arguing factually because there's nowhere to turn. Their stats will inevitably prove mine.

Some thought they wouldn't get their wish, but they did - "those players" were dropped in abundance - and it's become a nightmare. Instead they are now in denial of the shocking depths to which Zimbabwe have plummeted as a result. Can't even celebrate the SL series win properly because Hami, Mire and Tari did it pretty much all on their own.

I predicted all of this, the same way I predict Taylor & Jarvis won't make a difference to Zimbabwe. They will remain the whipping boys of Afghanistan.

We should be asking how much Ireland are paying Joyce and Rankin, and what luxuries they have.
I'd definitely be more concerned about the Chinese.
There are way more Chinese in SA than there will ever be in ZIM. Chinese are virtually underground here. You'll never see a Chinese wedding, funeral, birth, police case etc. They are invincible and prefer to keep things that way. You'll almost never bump into a Chinese after 7pm in 95% of the places in SA. I'm big on Chinese food once every 2 weeks at worst, and have it mostly at their restaurants. I never bump into those guys anywhere else.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Of course pariah's stats often disprove his own theories once you realise he is omitting a few key things, like a World Cup here and there.

Regarding the SL series, we did celebrate it properly because we can the celebrate the successes of all players, not just a chosen few. Hami had a fantastic series, as did Mire. Raza, Waller, Ervine, Chatara, and even Williams contributed to the victories.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:27 pm
When analyzing one's away form, surely CWC's should be factored in. They are matches that have taken place in the time period you specified, so therefore they should count. Easy.
Tell that to Cricinfo and Statsguru. Tell them not to treat them differently. They have home, away and neutral. No one is taking anything away from Brendan here, including myself. Someone loosely questioned a fact without thinking or research, I proved it. End of story.

NB: Your reasoning is letting you down. In a 16 team tournament, who really is away and who is at home? What logic is there in classifying the other 240 players under away when only a few will actually play the hosts, while the rest are largely contests between visitors?

The fact that India have bossed the last two tournaments in England does not make them favourites in England. Just one win for India in a Test carries more weight than making the CT final. Same applies to West Indies win recently.

You guys are clutching at straws.

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:41 pm
Of course pariah's stats often disprove his own theories once you realise he is omitting a few key things, like a World Cup here and there.
I omitted nothing. If you can include it be my guest. Do it and post.
contributed to the victories
So you are able to identify the "contributions" of others too? Is that what explains the sudden and collective amnesia about Zim's famous wins and the responsible match-winners in recent years?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So essentially what we are saying is, if one has to choose between BRMT and Vusi for away tours, go with BRMT:
BRMT Away across formats
BRMT Away across formats
Screenshot from 2017-09-17 06-17-30.png (32.1 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
Vusi away across formats
Vusi away across formats
Screenshot from 2017-09-17 06-17-21.png (32.39 KiB) Viewed 1901 times

eugene

Post by eugene »

As always stats speak the truth, BT is superior to Vusi both home and away. And here are the the real away batting stats for ODIs, including neutral venue (i.e. CWC) matches.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Geez Vusi averaging 20 away from home !!! How pathetic
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

eugene wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 am
As always stats speak the truth, BT is superior to Vusi both home and away. And here are the the real away batting stats for ODIs, including neutral venue (i.e. CWC) matches.

:D
Last edited by The Robot on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robo to rule :oops: