Brendan Taylor Away Stats

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Brendan Taylor Away Stats

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I have to agree with what hhm said - Taylor's record is very strong and with Williams and Ervine complementing him in the middle order Zimbabwe will be able to put up much better showings away from home now.

Welcome back BT!

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

I was very fair!

Thought you guys would notice that the highest white batsmen away only comes in at #8 - and it's Malcolm Waller.

The CWC argument is an age old debate. More recently, Quinton de Kock has been absolutely horrible in CWCs and Champions Trophy. Absolutely pathetic, and he's played plenty matches. Yet his overall stats are good. Similarly Usman Khawaja was left out of playing in India because he's useless against spinners - and AUS did well in India. Someone tried to argue Ussie's stats and case for inclusion, they duly did in Bangladesh, and same old story. Dropped him and won.

Anyway, the point is CT/CWC = every 4 years, bilaterals pretty much every 2nd or 3rd month. There's a 99% chance that Zimbabwe won't even qualify for the next CWC where you want BT's stats to have relevance. You'll wait until Brendan Taylor is 37 years old, meanwhile he's flopping every bilateral away - and on top dollar??? :?

Zimbabwe were rubbish in SCO & NED precisely because they relied on players who are weak away. Imagine what would have happened if Mire didn't come back from Australia, and Burl played instead of Musakanda (with Vusi continuing to be ostracised). Zimbabwe would have been embarassed even more in SCO, NED and SL. They woul dhave stood absolutely no chance of winning. This is why stats matter.

So what we have are stats that cover the last 5 years of Zimbabwean cricekt, yet people are not disturbed that Zimbabwe's best batsman away isn't anywhere near the national team? That for me is the irony of ZCF. More so when you consider that stats have again proven that Taylor hasn't been a matchwinner for Zimbabwe, nor among its best.

Zimbabwe need Brendan Taylor because they don't have a keeper. What I refuse is for ZC to break the bank to have him. Hami, Mire and Musakanda have done well. Vusi, Elton and Chamu are still there. Mutizwa could have easily played as keeper and averaged 30 for Zimbabwe. Craig and Raza are also there. Malcolm i son the up even though Sean is in terrible decline. If Taylor is coming in on a normal contract (we can give him the first year on an elite contract because he has the goods), but he has to earn his 2nd year. Anything more then no thanks for me.

Just like Jarvis, I think guys overstate the value that him and Taylor can add. No other Full Member cricket board in the world would be this stupid. I doubt the Irish have bent over backwards for Rankin and Joyce. They would have never done it for Morgan. Still the Irish continued to molest ZImbabwe on th epitch and largely in CWC - with the Messiah Brendan Taylor still playing for Zimbabwe!!! Yet here guys continue to pine over guys like Gary Ballance!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This thread isn't even necessary. We have already proven beyond any reasonable doubt that Alex Obanda is better than Brendan Taylor, home and away, way back in 2011.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Finally, some of the arguments made are baseless. Cricinfo created their stats analysis that way and for the right reason. Their top statisticians e.g. Suraj Rajesh etc, all apply the same methods from the same engine, and they post their reports online for everyone to see. You don't see the average ordinary fan arguing because they get it!

Must India not drop Dhawan because he's a beast in tournaments every 4 years? Must he be on an elite contract because of that? Must Australia stop demanding that Warner be dropped from certain tours to the sub-continent because he's a beast at home? Must CSA insist on picking ABdV and Steyn - who flop against weak sides, statistically proven - and insist they are not motivated to perform against them? Because Rohit Sharma is invincible against Australia, and in Australia he must permanently be on an elite contract? Must CA avaoid the temptation to pick a Shaun Marsh in their next big tour to the sub-continent simply because a player on form(but useless against spin), would be a liability?

Zimbabwe doesn't have the riches to pick and choose too much, but this is a cricket forum and you do have to confront facts - five of which are:
1. Moor is downright uselss in ODIs, and is in no way a Test level keeper.
2. Brendan Taylor is very weak away (even Butcher wrote about it in his book for crying out loud!)
3. Sean Williams is in terrible decline, and has never&will never be relevant when it counts - with bat or ball
4. Jarvis is useless with the white ball, and will get slaughtered in internationals - has zero guile for an LOI seamer
5. Cremer is a coward who won't take the new ball(then forced to be defensive if bowlers ahead of him leak), plus the more he bowls, the more Zimbabwe won't win Tests against anyone, simply because he's not a Test bowler. SA figured that out with Tahir, and he was #1 in both T20s and ODIs! ;)

Wangdue_333

Post by Wangdue_333 »

Why are so you hell-bent on attacking the white Zimbabwean cricketers? Sean Williams i think is one of the two best batsman Zimbabwe have right now. It is pathetic to see you defending abject failures like Sibanda, Chigumbura, Maruma and Mutziwa.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I never laid my eyes on a bigger load of bullshit in my life

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

L.S

Post by L.S »

It's like he sits in his dark little room all day and finds ways to make whites look rubbish, by eliminating all stats that have any positives to those players. It's a sad mentality to have, sir. I pity you greatly. "CWC can't be counted" haha, it's the biggest stage of them all ! I read someone say this bloke supports the EFF too. Goodness you are a man with a massive chip on your shoulder. I would advise seeking help.

eugene

Post by eugene »

Why on earth would the CWC not count? It is the biggest stage of all and about the only time the world may pay attention to Zimbabwe's performances.

Brendan Taylor's form has been proven statistically to be strong away from home, or at least stronger than most of his team mates. Ervine and Williams have been shown to be better, but Taylor in third is not too shabby.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I know hhm/Pariah is essentially just stirring the forum and doing a good job of trolling amd riling up the fan base over a few years, but I ask why bother?
There comes a point where you just want to see they ema do well.

Also if it is genuinely an anti white sentiment, why are you worried?

The country has 20 000 whites from a population of 9 million. I'd definitely be more concerned about the Chinese.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

Pariah is a master troll, I give him credit for that. He may be the best I have seen.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes