Netherlands Tour Of Zimbabwe 2017 : Squad & Fixtures

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Netherlands Tour Of Zimbabwe 2017 : Squad & Fixtures

Post by Black Mamba »

####Fixtures

1stMATCH (50 ov) - Zimbabwe Select v Netherlands
Wednesday, 27 September 2017 | 0930 hrs | Harare Sports Club

2ndMATCH (50 ov) - Zimbabwe Select v Netherlands | Friday, 29 September 2017 | 0930 hrs | Harare Sports Club

3rdMATCH (50 ov) - Zimbabwe Select v Netherlands | Sunday, 1 October 2017 | 0930 hrs | Harare Sports Club

Zimbabwe ( Squad ) : Cremer, Chakabva, PJ, Mire, Hamilton, Williams, Ervine, Chibhabha, Raza, Tiripano, Mpofu, Ngarava, Musakanda, Burl, Waller, Chatara

Should have included Kasuza, Maruma instead of Chakabva & Chibhabha

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Netherlands Tour Of Zimbabwe 2017 : Squad & Fixtures

Post by sloandog »

Chakabva I do not want to see near the ODI line up. He's a longer game player. Maruma, with the form he's been in, might not have been a bad choice, but he's not a long term option.

Get Mark Olonga in there...

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kasuza was good with the bat, same with Maruma and Chisoro

ZC should have given chance to some Rising Star Players like Taffy Mupriwara, William Machine
Robo to rule :oops:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Black Mamba wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:47 pm
Zimbabwe ( Squad ) : Cremer, Chakabva, PJ, Mire, Hamilton, Williams, Ervine, Chibhabha, Raza, Tiripano, Mpofu, Ngarava, Musakanda, Burl, Waller, Chatara
When you don't want to drop Moor and his attrocious ODI record, so you slot in someone with an equally hopeless record so as to avoid a situation where BT arrives as just a batsman, and not an automatic keeper/batsman. (I think Mutumbami would have had better returns this time around. Was very impressive in spells)

If ZC can pick Cremer and a huge paunch from his couch after idling for 18-24 months, straight into the XI then captaincy soon after that, then surely they can turn to Forster Mutizwa! Cremer's bowling was worse than Utseya's remodelled action then, and his wicekt-taking since hasn't exactly improved significantly. Why subject ZImbabwe ODI teams to Moor-Chakabva??? :evil:

#BringBackForsterMutizwa!!!!!!!

If all else fails, just throw malcolm Waller the gloves. He isn't exactly doing anything much from 7/8!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Why are we playing the Dutch in 3 List A matches as warm up to the Windies Tests ??

Also why are we not 'experimenting' with the lineup considering these are just List A matches ?? I don't mind the batting side so much but surely there's no point playing Mpofu & Tiripano ?? Hopefully Ngarava plays all 3 matches.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

Good practice for Qualifiers for Netherlands

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:21 pm
Why are we playing the Dutch in 3 List A matches as warm up to the Windies Tests ??

Also why are we not 'experimenting' with the lineup considering these are just List A matches ?? I don't mind the batting side so much but surely there's no point playing Mpofu & Tiripano ?? Hopefully Ngarava plays all 3 matches.
Pakistan "A" are coming for some 4 day games before the West Indies Tests.

Conant

Post by Conant »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:05 pm
Chakabva I do not want to see near the ODI line up. He's a longer game player. Maruma, with the form he's been in, might not have been a bad choice, but he's not a long term option.

Get Mark Olonga in there...
Preparing him for his inevitable role in the Tests, I think, instead of that invidious position where plays without a single practice game behind him. Only fair I think.