Zimbabwe Cricket unlikely to renew contract with Ntini

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Cricket unlikely to renew contract with Ntini

Post by jaybro »

I think this whole whiteboard thing is is getting over blown lol, sporting teams don't write their secrets and game plans on a white board, they're talked about in team meetings.

Also it's not uncommon for sporting sides to pick out 'basic fundamentals' or standards to stand by or up hold, the first step to winning is getting the basics right.

Also most of those points on the board look like targets the side has picked for themselves, I'd be more concerned if it said

Ground your bat when running or make sure you catch with two hands :lol: :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Yeah I've got no problem with the whiteboard. I write stuff on whiteboards at work just to re-inforce a certain point, not because I've unearthed some groundbreaking knowledge.

I've got no feelings one way or the other about Ntini. It seems pretty straight forward; if he's offering something to the players that Streak isn't, then he should stay - and if he isn't he probably shouldn't.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 am
Yeah I've got no problem with the whiteboard. I write stuff on whiteboards at work just to re-inforce a certain point, not because I've unearthed some groundbreaking knowledge.

I've got no feelings one way or the other about Ntini. It seems pretty straight forward; if he's offering something to the players that Streak isn't, then he should stay - and if he isn't he probably shouldn't.
I think by put this message about Ntini , ZC is lighting a fire under Ntini so lets see if he feels some pressure & pulls up his bag of tricks & try to save his job ...

Googly

Post by Googly »

They really should be involving Gary Brent in our coaching set up. He's respected by the players and he brings old school discipline with a hint of diplomacy that he's had to learn because he's had to deal with these ZC fuckwits and their boot-licking sycophants for so long. This idea that world class players automatically make world class coaches is rubbish . GB was a decent cricketer, but he's a no nonsense tough guy and he's a Zimbo.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Googly wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:22 am
They really should be involving Gary Brent in our coaching set up. He's respected by the players and he brings old school discipline with a hint of diplomacy that he's had to learn because he's had to deal with these ZC fuckwits and their boot-licking sycophants for so long. This idea that world class players automatically make world class coaches is rubbish . GB was a decent cricketer, but he's a no nonsense tough guy and he's a Zimbo.
+1

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Conant wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 pm
Googly wrote:
+1
+1 more

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
This idea that world class players automatically make world class coaches is rubbis
So you don't rate Heath Streak?

NB: GB must apply, be interviwed and win. AC gave Grant a job, then later DH gave Butcher the big job. That must stop. Can work for non-international sides, but not at international level. I hope whatever you're proposing takes into consideration due process. As a short-term consultant, then why not. Admin have discretion to do that.