Dean at Stumps: Brendan Taylor

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
americanzimfan

Dean at Stumps: Brendan Taylor

Post by americanzimfan »

Hope everyone gets a chance to listen.

http://www.capitalkfm.com/podcast.php?id=181

TapsC

Re: Dean at Stumps: Brendan Taylor

Post by TapsC »

we need him to keep even if he wasn't keeping in England. I would even go as far as dropping him down to number 6 in tests so that he can be the keeper there too otherwise we are going to have a passenger in the team but I doubt he has any interest in keeping in tests .

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm
we need him to keep even if he wasn't keeping in England. I would even go as far as dropping him down to number 6 in tests so that he can be the keeper there too otherwise we are going to have a passenger in the team but I doubt he has any interest in keeping in tests .
Chakabva a passenger in Tests?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 pm
[quote=TapsC post_id=109821 time=<a href="tel:1506360654">1506360654</a> user_id=20492]
Chakabva a passenger in Tests?
[/quote]

I agree, Chakabva is not a test passenger. He's a good keeper as well.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Regis showed in the 5th day he drops as many chances as Moor & Mutumbami do, I'd be happy to have BRMT keep in Tests but I doubt he would want to.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I've just listened to the interview; dean speaks more than Taylor. Just drowns out the interview. Could have asked so much more

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ok this is what stood out for me.

Both tests to be played at QSC Bulawayo, BT talked about playing on a pitch that will suit Cremer, Williams & Raza but negate the Windies fast men. For me it sounds like they might go with the controversial '8-3' lineup again which will upset a few here.

BT said Streak has already spoke to him about keeping in ODI cricket but not in Tests, he also said he will likely bat "3 or 4".

4 year contract wow !!! I can understand why people would be upset by that but as long as he performs well for the 4 years it won't be an issue.

He said that ZC were trying to get back others, it's been 95% confirmed KJ will return but BT didn't want to confirm it himself. He said Sean Ervine was approached but nothing has come of it, he referred to Ervine's age and said that some younger guys have been approached also.

What about the listener who asked via WhatsApp how much money he was getting and did he take a pay cut :lol: Pretty poor from Dean & Jeff to actually ask BT the question, really unprofessional.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Wait what?
Dean du plessis again?

I thought he retired from all media about 4 months back?

He's had more comebacks than john Farnham this bloke.

I'm starting to think he's just an Emo attention seeker.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, decent interview, and yes Dean talks an awful lot instead of asking questions. It was funny how Jeff Murimbechi cut him short in the end :)

So, given that we are willing to accept BT saying keeping and batting in the top 4 is too much workload in tests, it is only fair to say that we mismanaged Chakabva as an opener in the SL test. "The middle order was overcrowded" cannot be an excuse as we would be finding a way to fit Taylor in there. Chakabva himself could have volunteered, but the team management could have thought better. Moor and Chakabva could have swapped places in the batting order in SL tests, for example.

Moor will definitely be out of the XI now in shorter formats, and correctly so too, now that Taylor will keep. But strangely, Regis being the preferred keeper as of now, Moor might even miss the test batsman berth despite a decent batting show so far.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

There's no doubt Regis was sacrificed in that test, I think Streak probably wanted him to keep because Moor has been poor with the gloves, but he wanted Moor for his batting so Streak decided to keep Moor @7 where he had done well and just put Regis to open since it was in Sri Lanka and the new ball wasn't going to be a threat.

In hindsight Moor probably should have just opened and Regis bat @7 or picked a proper opener and left Moor to keep as Regis spilled 3 chances on the final day and barely scored a run anyways.