[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Netherlands - 1st One Day Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Netherlands - 1st One Day Match

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 am
Jemisi wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 am
No one is ignoring Panyangara, he just has to get on the park at a decent weight and take some domestic wickets.

If he can't run in to bowl it doesn't matter what he did in 2006.
This is a clear flaw for Hhm I've pointed out many times to him but he hasn't rectified it. He simply doesn't bother to read what others write and goes off on a tangent.
One thing about Jemisi is that he is one of the forumites who really & deeply wants me nowehere near the forum. Secondly what he said is self-contradictory in several ways. Panyangara has actually been playing recently, and played previously. He just hasn't been picked. What he said would have made sense if he was totally against Cremer falling from his couch with a paunch to play for Zimbabwe and be carried as a liability until he made his way into form and fitness.

Panyngara's last appearance for Zimbabwe:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8625 ... on-series/

Clearly a man among boys. Cremer characteristically hiding at 4th change. Champion spinner Raza fetching after scoring nothing. New blood Mumba underlining the gulf in class! "Dependable" hard-working Donald bowling half the overs and proving to be below his class.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Bertus de Jong wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:27 pm
pariah wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:12 am
I see the Dutch left out some of their top players. I see about 3/4 names missing. Probably didn't see the need to skip their more pressing commitments. Either way, very poor from the KNCB.

Nobody respects Zimbabwe anymore(not even if they edge SL ... especially when they do so after badly losing to you and Scotland)

I dread the day AFG/IRE invite Zim over for their first Tests.
Fell I should offer a bit of Dutch perspective here. Yeah, it's a hugely under-strength squad, but it's not really the KNCB's fault.

The Dutch can't afford to keep most players on contracts and can't always get players released for these games. This is pretty close the best available
squad. Myburgh's flown home because he became a dad earlier than expected, van der Gugten's injured for the rest it's mostly players not being released. Tom Cooper, van der Merwe, van Beek, van Meekeren etc all unavailable. The KNCB can't do much about it. It's not about respect for ZIM, it's about how poor the Dutch are and how no county or state sides take them seriously. For the Dutch this is a warm-up for the Kenya games next month which are potentially two of the most important games they've ever played, they have the best squad they could get.

Also Lol at being scared of Ireland.
So there's reasons behind this being 2nd string. But all the same doesn't matter. At least an independent person saying it won't mean I'm accused of being bitter when I under-ratea Zimbabwean player's performance. It's actually more scathing when a Zimbawean player fails against this Dutch side which is what I was getting at. And I certainly still mainatin Mire should bat lower despite his ton against you guys.

The rest are obviously tied to County/Shield etc matches. And I've already mentioned somewhere here that you guys have only 5/6 centrally contracted player - captain Borren being one of them(?). I partly expected a weakened side.

Personally I'm not scared of Ireland becasue I don't think Ireland would score 70 runs in Ireland against a fourprong ZIM pace attack of Panyangara, Chatara, Jarvis and Shingi :D . But being bullied by Scotland in Scotland obviously means the same ZIM batsmen who played in SL, would struggle in a Test in Ireland against Ireland, plus have no attack to come close to bowling Ireland out. Ireland would probably beat that side tomorrow, by an innings I feel.

NB: No offence but I hope Kenya thump you. That's just how it is unfortunately. But welcome to the forum :D

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:10 am
I don't understand why you hate Tiripano?
Yoh? :? Search the forum. I have plenty good things to say about him, and have even posted stats in his favour.

But would I pick him in an international side in any format for Zimbabwe based on what I saw initially? NO WAY! I wouldn't even pick him ahead of Shingi any day. NEVER! He's 2nd best to him with both ball and bat for that matter. How it's even a contest between the two here is beyond me. Yet another point that counts against Streak's thinking in my book. ;)

eugene

Post by eugene »

Are there issues with Shingi we don't know about? Has he pissed-off Makoni or someone else high-ranking at ZC?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Bertus de Jong wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:17 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:30 am

I noticed Shane Snater isn't in the Dutch squad, I wonder if he has been approached by Taibu/Streak to return to Zimbabwe?
He's skipping the Kenya games for personal reasons, so would be surprising if he was included for the warm-up tour. Doesn't rule out an approach from ZIM obviously, but if so they've kept it quiet.
Thanks and welcome buddy

Yes it seems very odd that he's skipping the Kenya matches since you pointed out that those are very important matches.

I think Streak & Taibu have contacted him and with test cricket & a stable setup now maybe he is considering it.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

If Panyangara can bowl in Tests like he did in 2014 he's definitely top 3 test seamers for Zimbabwe.

The issue is will Zimbabwe play Chatara, KJ & Tinashe in the same test ?? Sure having KJ & Tinashe take the new ball and Larry bowl first change is a great bowling lineup but those guys are all genuine No.11's. Yes Tinashe can swing the bat but nothing dependable.

Even with Cremer @8 having Tinashe 9 KJ 10 Larry 11 is a long tail, and to think someone wants Wellington in for Cremer

Tinashe
Wellington
KJ
Larry

Zimbabwe might as well declare 6 down.

Until the top order get some consistency then Zimbabwe will continue to have to pick bowlers who can bat.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

pariah wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:06 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 am
Jemisi wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 am
No one is ignoring Panyangara, he just has to get on the park at a decent weight and take some domestic wickets.

If he can't run in to bowl it doesn't matter what he did in 2006.
This is a clear flaw for Hhm I've pointed out many times to him but he hasn't rectified it. He simply doesn't bother to read what others write and goes off on a tangent.
One thing about Jemisi is that he is one of the forumites who really & deeply wants me nowehere near the forum. Secondly what he said is self-contradictory in several ways. Panyangara has actually been playing recently, and played previously. He just hasn't been picked. What he said would have made sense if he was totally against Cremer falling from his couch with a paunch to play for Zimbabwe and be carried as a liability until he made his way into form and fitness.

Panyngara's last appearance for Zimbabwe:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8625 ... on-series/

Clearly a man among boys. Cremer characteristically hiding at 4th change. Champion spinner Raza fetching after scoring nothing. New blood Mumba underlining the gulf in class! "Dependable" hard-working Donald bowling half the overs and proving to be below his class.
Panyangara has been playing overweight recently and can't buy a wicket. There is no contradiction in my comment. If he can't knock over domestic batsmen why would he be ahead of the ones who can?

As for your assumptions about what I want you are not completely on the money. Sometimes you bring interesting contradiction.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Streak did say he wants guys like Panyangara to prove themselves in the domestic competition which is where my problems come in with Ngarava because he hasn't proven himself anywhere. Mpofu hasn't set the domestic scene on fire too yet Panyangara will have to destroy Pakistan A in a week or so for him to stand a chance. It sounds like Mpofu will get picked for the tests because Taylor was already talking about he can get some reverse swing going at Queens.

The only doubts I have with both Panyangara and Chatara is their fitness levels. They both seem to be struggling with that. If they are both fully fit then they deserve a shot. Panyangara is a better bowler than both Tiripano and Ngarava. Even Shingi bowls better than both of those guys and he can hold a bat just as good as Tiripano.

I don't think there has ever been a round of domestic fixtures as important as the ones coming up. 2 FC games plus Pakistan A should help people answer a lot of these questions and I hope Streak keeps his word about domestic performances counting for something.

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:42 am
Streak did say he wants guys like Panyangara to prove themselves in the domestic competition which is where my problems come in with Ngarava because he hasn't proven himself anywhere. Mpofu hasn't set the domestic scene on fire too yet Panyangara will have to destroy Pakistan A in a week or so for him to stand a chance. It sounds like Mpofu will get picked for the tests because Taylor was already talking about he can get some reverse swing going at Queens.

The only doubts I have with both Panyangara and Chatara is their fitness levels. They both seem to be struggling with that. If they are both fully fit then they deserve a shot. Panyangara is a better bowler than both Tiripano and Ngarava. Even Shingi bowls better than both of those guys and he can hold a bat just as good as Tiripano.

I don't think there has ever been a round of domestic fixtures as important as the ones coming up. 2 FC games plus Pakistan A should help people answer a lot of these questions and I hope Streak keeps his word about domestic performances counting for something.
Streak is "getting sacked in the morning" :D

I can already see his second biggest fallout with Taibu already.

Board: "We gave you everything you asked for - healthy salaries paid timeously and consistently, big guns brought back, sacked Ntini the distraction"

Tatenda will throw him under the bus. :lol: